Q. Can masturbation lead to pregnancy?

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

I am 18 years old and I have a question. Can masturbation lead to pregnancy? I am worried about a situation like when I masturbate in my pants and if my partner touches my pant with her hands and then she goes to the washroom to do female masturbation which means that now she has my semen on her hands and that semen might enter her vagina and make her pregnant? I am not sure if sperm will survive or die and it is really a matter of concern to me. My mind is full of what if it happens. Please share your knowledge and also if there is a chance of spreading STD/STI /HIV/AIDS in this situation.

Do you have a question on Masturbation or Pregnancy?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

MD DVL., MBBS
Dermatology Venereology

Outside of the body, sperm may die quickly when they are exposed to the air. The length of time they stay alive has a lot to do with environmental factors and how fast they dry up. So it is very unlikely for her to get pregnant if she touches your pants and do masturbation.

Infections are usually transmitted because of direct skin to skin contact or else with unprotected sexual intercourse unless the partner had any particular sexually transmitted infection.

For more information consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Flacid Penis just before Ejaculation during Masturbation
Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. If possible, please send me color doppler report. Also, do you watch porn or addicted to porn? If your penis doppler test is normal, then the cause is psychological may be due to excessive stress or porn induced erection problems. I see many c...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »
Dr. Natalie Chaitan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An initially positive pregnancy test that later becomes negative can happen with very early miscarriages. Such miscarriages can occur with little or no initial blood loss. These are termed chemical pregnancies, as they are lost before they attach to the womb and before...  Read Full »

Why am I having sharp pain in my vagina when I pee?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old female. I urge to pee quite often. I have a sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. I have the urge to pee frequently. But when I go to the toilet, I do not have the urge to pee. Is this due to UTI or STD?  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms are common in both STD (sexually transmitted diseases) and UTI (urinary tract infections). If you do not have vaginal discharge or any history of unprotected sex, then UTI is the cause. You can confirm the diagnosis with the following tests. You can do ur...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now