Q. Can masturbation lead to pregnancy?

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2019

I am 18 years old and I have a question. Can masturbation lead to pregnancy? I am worried about a situation like when I masturbate in my pants and if my partner touches my pant with her hands and then she goes to the washroom to do female masturbation which means that now she has my semen on her hands and that semen might enter her vagina and make her pregnant? I am not sure if sperm will survive or die and it is really a matter of concern to me. My mind is full of what if it happens. Please share your knowledge and also if there is a chance of spreading STD/STI /HIV/AIDS in this situation.

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Outside of the body, sperm may die quickly when they are exposed to the air. The length of time they stay alive has a lot to do with environmental factors and how fast they dry up. So it is very unlikely for her to get pregnant if she touches your pants and do masturbation.

Infections are usually transmitted because of direct skin to skin contact or else with unprotected sexual intercourse unless the partner had any particular sexually transmitted infection.

For more information consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full »

Why am I having sharp pain in my vagina when I pee?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old female. I urge to pee quite often. I have a sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. I have the urge to pee frequently. But when I go to the toilet, I do not have the urge to pee. Is this due to UTI or STD?  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now