Q. I am having reading problem in reading with time gaps and intense mood swings. What are the causes?

Published on Oct 10, 2019

I have noticed recently that I am having problems with reading, and this has never happened before. I am usually good at reading but the other day when I looked at a paper and read it as "65" but I looked away and looked back, and it is actually "75." This has been happening a lot with things like texts too. The first time I read a text, and it said, "I am probably free," and it is very clear and definite. But then I looked away and back and it actually said "I will probably be free". They are similar, but it concerns me because when I read things the first time, it seems so definite, that is what it says. Also, I have noticed there is a kind of gap in time like I will be standing on one side of the room, and then I will be on the other side without really remebering walking there. Also, I have intense mood swings, like one night I will be listening to sad music and crying, but then the next night, I feel inspired and motivated to start a bunch of projects. Please help.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understood your concerns. Although it is difficult for me to decide what is wrong with you, without talking to you but considering your age and kind of presentation, the most likely cause for such reading gaps is lack of attention. This is common in most of the youngsters. The second possibility is stress. Most of the adolescents are bombarded with a lot of information, and sometimes it becomes difficult to manage all the information while keeping things in order. According to my clinical experience, I see at least one or two adolescents complaining of forgetfulness and attention problems solely due to stress. I hope this helps you.

| 

How to overcome my mood swings and change my behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, I often feel very low, anxious, and stressed. I try diverting myself, but I still get into a trance, where I feel sad. I am afraid of losing people, and keep thinking about what they think and how they feel. Even though they are not worthy of my sorry at times, I still apologize out of ...  Read Full »

Why do I have mood swings, hot flushes and low mood around my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have a diagnosis of autism. I have mood swings, feeling low/ depressed, which I do not know if it is related to my periods. People tend to notice more just before and during my periods (but also I do not know if it is partly frustration due to my living ci...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for feeling sad and depressed all the time.

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I feel quite sad and depressed. I do not even want to perform daily routine. My life is monotonous. I get a lot of negative thoughts. I am so lazy and feel like I do not want to live. I am weak and I lack concentration. I do not feel like going out of my house....  Read Full »