Q. I have coated tongue with ulcer and blood blisters in my cheek after a oral sex. What to do?

I am experiencing symptoms after having oral sex. But the test results came negative. It was done before five months. I have guiltiness after doing it. What is the cause?

#

I understand your concerns. You have not mentioned the symptoms you are having. In the absence of symptoms, it is impossible to delineate the cause. I think you are referring to a number of physical symptoms related to many systems in the body. I can say that number of symptoms related to different systems of the body can indicate anxiety or stress. It is the reason for a person to have stress and guilt of having oral sex.

I have a tongue coated with an ulcer and a blood blister inside my cheek. It started after three days of having oral sex. I also had chills cough and exhaustion for about two weeks. I started to have coated tongue before two months and I still have it. I have a foamy mucus mouth. All the STI tests came negative.

#

I understand your concern. The absence of positive results for STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) over five months period indicates that the symptoms are not related to STI (sexually transmitted infections). We need to look for other causes. The first and foremost likely cause for you could be stress, as stress can cause frequent oral ulceration and coated tongue for a prolonged period. The second likely cause is oral thrush as tests may be negative and there is a need to undergo culture and sensitivity to find out the likely pathogen for the coated tongue. The third likely cause can be related to oral hygiene. I think improving oral hygiene and frequent gargles with Chlorhexidine can help you to eliminate the possible pathogen from the oral cavity.

Doubt of STI (sexually transmitted infections).

I have done antibacterial gargles and nothing has changed , my oral hygiene has been fine up till this time

How would I get a culture done ? I had a bacteria swab also negative , how can I get a culture done

I had no idea this could come from oral sex
# Dear Hannah,
Thanks for follow up.

Presence of these symptoms over the five months despite all negative tests for individual STI almost rules out its association with oral sex and I think that guilt need to be removed.

In addition I feel an ENT opinion is warranted for further evaluation including culture from the affected area of oral cavity. This will also help you to rule out oral causes rather than systemic causes of coating of tongue.

The other thing which need to be addressed is stress. As mentioned above this can be the only thing which will be never evident with use of any level of tests. In addition to ENT opinion stress management is the key to come out from this suffering of months.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks again.

|