Q. I weigh 100 Kg. Can I conceive?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 22, 2018

I am 24 years old. My weight is 100 kg and height is 158 cm. I have attached my laboratory reports. I am presently taking Metformin 500 mg twice a day and Eltroxin 1000 mcg tablets. I stopped taking the tablets two days before the test was done. Can I conceive with this weight?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Considering you are obese, hypothyroid and still on supplementation, it indicates that serum insulin levels are high (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Hypothyroidism and anovulation could be a concern and you may be experiencing irregular menses.

You need to get a follicular study done for a cycle to check if your ovaries are producing quality follicles and if they are ovulating by midcycle or not. This can be achieved by transvaginal ultrasound. I hope PCOD has already been ruled out, which can further deter your chances of fertility.

You should reduce your weight and aim at 70 kg, else you may always try assisted techniques of ovulation induction if there is any problem with ovulation.

For further information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

Am I diabetic? Or are the chances of getting diabetes more? It is worrying me a lot. I had PCOD, but I am getting my menses regularly with ayurveda medication.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, you are pre-diabetic as your fasting and 1 hour values are more than normal. With ayurvedic medication, if you are getting a good result, then it is fine. But, get a follicular monitoring study done to check out anovulation.

For further doubts consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|