Q. Can I use Pacroma cream to help with intense itching in my buttocks?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

I have an intense itching in my buttocks. I usually suffer heavy itching problem throughout my day. I apply Pacroma in my buttocks. Also, I apply an antifungal powder which gives me only temporary relief.

#

Please attach two to three clear pictures of the affected area for better evaluation and guidance.

Since when are you having these issues? Are you applying Pacroma Cream (Pimecrolimus topical) under the advice of your dermatologist?

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

The Pacroma tube was advised by one doctor. But, I lost his prescription. I have attached a few pictures for your reference.

#

I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity)

It seems to be infective.

Pacroma (Pimecrolimus topical) should not be used for this condition.

I suggest you take capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily for one week and tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg twice daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

Apply Onabet cream (Sertaconazole Topical) twice daily over the area.

You can consult again after one week.

|