Q. I get red pimples around my mouth, chin, forehead, and nose. How to get rid of them?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on May 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 29, 2021

Around a year ago, some red pimples started appearing around my mouth, chin, forehead, and my nose. These small red pimples create a red area when seen from far away because they are very small and inflamed. It never disappears. My skin always feels stuck and not flexible and with a mildly itchy or burning sensation. No matter how much moisturizer I apply, it does not help. I am using Eucerin atopic control moisturizer and a gel cleanser with Hyaluronan. I even tried using Metronidazole and tea oil, but again it did not help. I have also tried to stop using anything on my face for some days, but it stayed the same. I am 24 years old now, and I never had acne tendencies when I was a teenager, and my skin always looked very smooth. My birth control pill is still the same as it was when I first started taking it, which wad around ten years ago. I do not use steroid creams nor fluoride toothpaste. How can I get rid of this? It was not there before a year. I am attaching a picture of my face. Thanks. 

#

I have seen the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Do not apply Metronidazole gel, as there is also erythema over your face. I suggest you try doing the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicines after their consent.

1. Try applying Clindamycin 1 % gel, twice daily on the acne.
  2. After a month, you can try using Clindamycin and Adapalene combination at bedtime over the acne for half an hour and then wash.
  3. Use Cetaphil cleansing lotion to wash face for few days until the erythema subsides.
  4. Later, you can use Sebamed clear foam face wash.
  5. Use sunscreen daily, it should be a non-comedogenic.
  6. Have good intake of vitamin C supplement daily.
  7. Once the erythema subsides, then you can consider procedures like peels, which are performed by a dermatologist to reduce acne and pigmentation.
  8. Or oral Isotretinoin can be considered after blood investigations and evaluation.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|