Q. All my family members have itchy skin rashes after a person with skin problem visited us. Kindly help.

Dr. Snehal Laul

I have skin itching for almost a month. It started after a relative with a skin problem visited my home two months ago. Now I am having the same type of issue with minor problems of itching and other family members face the same as well. I feel more itching at night and it is affecting the whole body but it is more visible between the fingers and on hands and foot.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Do you have mite allergies? Any recurrent episodes of inflammatory papules or nodular lesions? Do you have intense itching, excess scratching and rubbing of lesions? Any excoriation marks, improper hygiene, dusty environment, or improper washing of clothes?

Attach a picture of the lesion for details.

| 

I have attached the pictures.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Apply Permite (Permethrin) 5 percent cream on day 1 and day 7 at night. Apply cream all over the body including limbs below neck, spare scalp and face.

Apply Fucibet cream (Fusidic acid/Betamethasone) twice daily for seven days (on lesions). Use Permite BB bar soap for bath and take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg twice daily for seven days (when itching). It is a very common skin infestation (scabies) caused by mites.

Similar treatment to all family members. Clothes and bed linen should be washed in hot boiling water. Avoid excess scratching and rubbing of the lesion as it may cause secondary bacterial infection. Add neem leaves to bath water or antiseptic liquid like Dettol or Savlon to bath water. Maintain proper hygiene.

Avoid sharing your belongings like towels, hairbrush, clothes, etc., with others. Avoid overcrowding, as it facilitates transmission. Maintain good hygiene. Poor hygiene can lead to this Infestation. It can also spread through close physical contact, so avoid it. Itching may persist for up to four weeks after treatment.

Follow up after seven days.

|