Q. Please give a correct diagnosis for bumps on scrotum and whole body itch.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Initially, I had bumps on my scrotum and now I got few bumps on my penis head. I have attached the pictures for better idea. First It was told that these maybe cysts. And later it was told as Fordyce spots. Please give me correct diagnosis. Thanks.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

They are neither cyst nor Fordyce spots.

Sexually transmitted disease can be a probability. But, for proper diagnosis I need to know the complete history that is the onset, progression and duration of lesion.

• Did you experience any whole body itching predominantly at night? If so, how long it has been there?
  • Do you have any history of unsafe sexual exposure?
  • What is your main complain in them? Either burning or itching? Did it start as a fluid filled vesicle?

Please send me the photos of lesion on the scrotum too. Only then I would be in a position to make any valid comment.

Revert back with the answers for the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

In the morning hours, I do have whole body itching including scrotum. But, I do not feel any itching on my penis. The bump has no fluid and I have these for about two months now. Before I only had two or three, but now I have many. Although it was the same partner I have had for a long time, I did have unsafe sexual exposure prior to getting these. I have attached the picture which you are looking for. Thanks.

#

Thanks for answering my questions.

I am beyond doubt that it is a case of scabies.

Use Permethrin 5% lotion 35 ml, and apply it all over your body after scrubbing in evening and repeat the procedure after a week.

Take tablet Ivermectin 12 mg, on the day of application of Permethrin.

Wash and iron all clothes which you use at home including undergarments. Treatment of all family members with Permethrin is necessary to eliminate Sarcoptes scabiei.

It can take two to three weeks for lesion and itching to subside.

You can apply a combination of Mometasone and Fusidic acid cream over the lesion of penis and scrotum for two weeks.

Sarcoptes scabiei.

Scabies.

1. Permethrin.
2. Ivermectin.

1. Treat all family personnel.
2. Wash and iron all clothes or discard them from usage at least for 1 week.

For further information consult a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Thank you very much for your advice. I will contact you when the need arise.

What Is The Reason For Severe Itch In Genitals And The Surrounding Area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over 5-6 years and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I used to apply itch guard for a few days and it used to get fine. Now, over four to five months I have severe itching o...  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »