Q. Please suggest some medicines to improve my sperm quality.

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 10, 2019

I recently went through sperm analysis and noticed issues with my sperm motility and morphology. My sperm viability is 54 % (normal 58 %), motility score is 61 out of 150, normal oval heads is 2 % (normal 4 %), higher number of not moving sperm is noticed with (grade 0 = 59 %), in-place sperm score is 23 %, slow-moving sperm 32 %, rapid in straight line is 6 % and high-speed sperm moving in straight line is 0 %. Kindly advise how I can get my sperm quality into normal state and improve my sperm quality. Please suggest if there is any medication available that I can start using it or helpful ways to improve my sperm quality. I do not smoke at all, and I am social drinker (like a beer once in a month or two to three months).

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I went through your report. As you see, the count is normal. Motility and vitality are low. The main morphological problem is amorphous sperms. This would mean a good number of sperm are being produced, by the testis, but on the way to the penis, which takes about two to three months, the sperms are being damaged. You need to evaluate for,

1. Are you diabetic?

2. Any other medical disorders?

3. Any exposure to compounds like petroleum products, cigarette smoke, paint, pesticides, etc.?

4. Any history of renal stones. This could be a source of infections.

5. You will need a month course of Doxycycline for 15 days, later Levofloxacin.

Repeat semen analysis after a month. I think you will have great results. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions and for your feedback.

How to clear kidney stones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment. So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease. Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://...  Read Full

What are the tests urologist may order for low testosterone?

Query: Hi doctor, We are planning for a baby, but there is low sex drive. I am having sex twice in a month. I feel fatigue, stress and low energy. In my job, I am standing for almost 10 hours a day. After a routine checkup, we went to for IVF. They ordered my semen analysis and my doctor referred me to t...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since how many months you are planning for a baby? All your reports are fine except two things. Your serum testosterone is on the lower side and the semen analysis shows that your...  Read Full

How does Nicotex chewing gum help quit smoking?

Query: Hello doctor, How does Nicotex chewing gum help in quitting smoking?  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandhya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nicotex chewing gums are often resorted to, these days, as a means to quit smoking. Nicotex chewing gums too contains a certain amount of nicotine just like cigarettes, but a level slightly less than them. Cigarettes contain around 4000 different chemical components i...  Read Full

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now