Q. My spotting changed to continuous bleeding after taking Pause 500. Why?

I have been spotting for a month. Due to lockdown, I could not visit any doctor. Upon advice of my gynecologist, I started Pause 500 thrice daily for three days. Initially, the spotting reduced but since today again, there is an increase in the bleeding. Please advise.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Few more history points on previous cycles, any other scan or blood tests or pap smear, body weight and height would have been helpful. Expecting all these to be normal. At this age either your hormone balance is disturbed, as egg count is reducing and support to the inner lining of endometrium/ uterus is not adequate.

Other possibility is fibroids or polyps. And one more possibility is you or your husband are diabetic. Poor blood sugar levels can cause infections in endometrial lining and spotting thereby. Infection can reach uterus from semen too.

For immediate control of bleeding, no matter what the cause is tablet Primolut-N, or Regestrone, or Regulate two tablets thrice daily until bleeding stops. It will stop in one day. Then have two tablets twice daily for two days. Then have one tablet twice daily for 18 days. This gradual tapering dose will clear any small problem. You will have periods only 7 -10 days after the last pill. By then try to find out the possible cause and treat it.

|