Q. I have a fatty liver and feel pain on the right side of my stomach. Please advise.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 03, 2021

I have fatty liver and I have pain on the right side of my stomach. When I touch it, it produces warm pain and I feel warm inside. Currently, I am taking Liv 52 DS. Before stopping it, I was using it for two to three months. I am not going walking and doing exercise for a month. After taking Ateroz 10 mg, my cholesterol level is under control. Please advice.

#

I understand your concern. It seems that pain over the stomach occurs secondary to increase gas production and acid production. As there is no weight loss in these last six months, I reassure you that it is not a serious problem. There are many factors that can abnormally increase gas and acid production. The common factors are stress, anxiety, sleeplessness, and weight gain. You can take tablet Rifaximin 200 mg thrice daily for three weeks. If these symptoms do not subside, you can consider doing some investigations. Currently, there is no approved medicine for fatty liver and so stop taking Liv 52 DS if you are taking it for fatty liver. Weight reduction helps to improve your fatty liver.

You seem to have uninvestigated dyspepsia and fatty liver disease.

You need to do a liver function test and fibroscan.

Have a follow-up after two weeks.

|