Q. Kindly correlate my stomach, liver, and arthritis reports and diagnosis my problem.

Answered by
Dr. Sandeep V Nair
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 08, 2021

Hi doctor,

I am 36 years old with a weight of 79 kilograms and I am five feet in height. Due to stomach disturbance, I had yellowish urine with pain, popup, and cracker sound in my legs and knee joints before three years. I consulted the doctor and he suggested to examine liver function test and all the report was normal except sugar and it was 138 mg/dL at that time. He gave me medicines and referred me to an orthopedic doctor for joint pain. I visited the orthopedic specialist and he took X-rays on both the knees.

He told me that it is an early stage of osteoarthritis of the knee. After that, he gave me medicines for ten days and referred me to a physiotherapist for exercise and weight loss. I visited him and I reduced my weight. Now, there is a little pain in my left knee with hip joints, left-hand thumb finger, and hand knees showing a popup sound when I move. I also have mild cracking and popping sounds in my neck and jaws. I do not have pain and I need to take care of it for a few years. So I prefer consulting a specialist related to stomach as my stomach becomes bloated even when it is empty and there is a pain sometimes. I have yellowish urine with lower abdominal pain. I have a positive result for H.pylori infection. Please diagnose my problem and suggest a treatment.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have ANA (antinuclear antibody) positivity and H.pylori (helicobacter) antibody positivity. In view of your multiple joint pains with negative ENA (extractable nuclear antigen antibodies) report and positive ANA, you require a detailed evaluation by a rheumatologist. Your stomach pain with burping and frequent farting can occur due to H.pylori infection. It is better to undergo an upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy for further evaluation.

It is possible to have bowel symptoms and joint symptoms at the same time. But it can be proved only after doing endoscopic procedures. There is a disease called inflammatory bowel disease in which bowel symptoms and joint symptoms occur at the same time. Please consult a gastroenterologist first for doing endoscopy and if it is normal, then you can go for rheumatological evaluation because medicines can aggravate your bowel problems.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Video

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full »

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Article Overview: This is a patient information article on wear and tear in knee joint. It gives information regarding understanding of osteoarthritis of knee its causes, prevention and methods of treatment available. Read Article

Dr. Mohan Krishna
Orthopaedician And Traumatologist

Osteoarthritis can affect any joint in the body. It is like wear and tear which develops over many years. It is common in people over 50 years of age, particularly in women. Both knees need not to be affected at the same time. The cartilage gradually roughens and becomes thin exposing the underlyin...  Read Article

Can masturbation cause stomach pain and cramps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old boy. I am suffering from stomach pain, cramps, and gastric problem. Before six years when I eat some food I got still more inflammation, pain, and cramps. The first year when I reported in the hospital I came to know that I have gastric ulcer, so I took the medicat...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.