Osteoarthritis Of Knee

What causes a lot of pain and stiffness in the knee while crouching and kneeling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for advice on knee support. I had a meniscectomy ten years ago and worked as a roofer. I now have a lot of pain and stiffness in my knee, which is crouching and kneeling all day with work. I am struggling to stand back up after crouching for periods with work.  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the information provided by you, it seems that you might have developed osteoarthritis of the knee. Some of the clinical features are pain, stiffness, swelling. I would suggest you avoid any activity related to your occupation of the roofing as it will aggrava...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have osteoarthritis in both knees?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old female. I have knee pain in both knees out of injury-induced, and earlier I had knee osteoarthritis as by the X-ray report. How do I improve?  Read Full »

Dr. Suman Saurabh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your injury. It is very rare to see osteoarthritis in both knees after trauma. You might be having early degenerative osteoarthritis or maybe chondromalacia patella. One thing I would like to ask if you have any other joint pain or morning st...  Read Full »

How to treat knee pain and stiffness in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 69 years old. She is getting pain in the right knee (left side), burning sensation, and stiff legs after sitting for a long time to get up. It subsides after a few steps. There is no swelling or inflammation in the legs. How can I upload the x-rays? She has diabetes for th...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikas Jain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through clinical history and x-ray images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The picture looks to be related to moderate arthritis of the knee, not like a neurological problem. And this needs proper treatment in terms of knee exercises, avo...  Read Full »

Are my bowel and joint symptoms related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 36 years old with a weight of 79 kilograms and I am five feet in height. Due to stomach disturbance, I had yellowish urine with pain, popup, and cracker sound in my legs and knee joints before three years. I consulted the doctor and he suggested to examine liver function test and al...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have ANA (antinuclear antibody) positivity and H.pylori (helicobacter) antibody positivity. In view of your multiple joint pains with negative ENA (extractable nuclear antigen antibodi...  Read Full »

Will pressure bandage help with severe knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore knee that is painful throughout the day and very painful at night. I had an MRI done. Based on this report, would surgical intervention be required (e.g., knee arthroscopy)? I know this can be related to pain levels as having had a similar issue in the right knee, but it...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you able to squat completely and comfortably?  Read Full »

What does my knee MRI actually indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I slipped from the bike and hurt my right knee. Though it is causing less pain during normal walk, it is hurting a lot while walking on stairs. I visited an orthopedic surgeon and he told me to take an MRI. The MRI report is as follows. Impression: Grade 3 tear involving the po...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been ideal if you had posted your MRI films for me to see as without them I can only comment and answer your questions with limited knowledge of your condition. Cysts are not an immediate result of trauma. They develop over time and may have preceded trau...  Read Full »

Why am I getting knee pain even with simple activity?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »

My knee pain is getting worse and not supported by painkillers. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 56-year-old male and I do not have any other medical conditions. My right knee is very painful. I have had pain in my knees for a while but it has been fine to live with. But recently, the pain in my right knee is starting to affect my everyday life. There is no swelling or rednes...  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nice explanation regarding your condition. From your history, it looks like you are suffering from degenerative osteoarthritis. I suggest you to do an x-ray to know the stage of osteoarthritis and decide its mode of management and treatment.  Read Full »

What can be done to relieve knee pain apart from taking painkillers?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is definite degeneration in both her knee joints, which is also expected to happen at this age. As far as management, it will be better if I can know a few more details fr...  Read Full »

Can Achilles' tendon weakness make a person fall often?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »