Osteoarthritis Of Knee

Are my bowel and joint symptoms related?

Query: Hello, I am 36 Year Old, 5 feet 11 inch height weight 79 kg...Diet: Veg.. Before 3 year ago due to stomach disturbance,Yellowish Urine, pain and some popup and cracker sound in my legs knee joints i visited doctor and he suggest me for lab test of liver function test and all reports in normal range...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, I have gone through all the reports you have sent me. You have ANA positivity and also H pylori anitbody positivity. In view of your multiple joint pains and negative ENA report,ANA positivity you require detailed evaulation by a rheumatologist. Your stomach complaints like pain along with bu...  Read Full »

What does my knee MRI actually indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I slipped from the bike and hurt my right knee. Though it is causing less pain during normal walk, it is hurting a lot while walking on stairs. I visited an orthopedic surgeon and he told me to take an MRI. The MRI report is as follows. Impression: Grade 3 tear involving the po...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been ideal if you had posted your MRI films for me to see as without them I can only comment and answer your questions with limited knowledge of your condition. Cysts are not an immediate result of trauma. They develop over time and may have preceded trau...  Read Full »

Why am I getting knee pain even with simple activity?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »

My knee pain is getting worse and not supported by painkillers. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 56-year-old male and I do not have any other medical conditions. My right knee is very painful. I have had pain in my knees for a while but it has been fine to live with. But recently, the pain in my right knee is starting to affect my everyday life. There is no swelling or rednes...  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nice explanation regarding your condition. From your history, it looks like you are suffering from degenerative osteoarthritis. I suggest you to do an x-ray to know the stage of osteoarthritis and decide its mode of management and treatment.  Read Full »

What can be done to relieve knee pain apart from taking painkillers?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is definite degeneration in both her knee joints, which is also expected to happen at this age. As far as management, it will be better if I can know a few more details fr...  Read Full »

What causes a lot of pain and stiffness in the knee while crouching and kneeling?

Query: Hello, I'm looking for advice on a knee support , I had a menisectomy 10 years ago, and work as a roofer and I'm now having alot of pain and stiffness in my knee which crouching and kneeling all day with work. Struggling to stand back up after crouching for periods of time with work.  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Thank you for your query.As per the information provided by you it seems that you might have developed Osteoarthritis of Knee.Some of the clinical feature is pain,stiffness,swelling.I would suggest you to avoid any activity related to your occupation of roofing as it will aggravate your cond...  Read Full »

Can Achilles' tendon weakness make a person fall often?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

How long will knee pain and bruise last after a fall in elder patients?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago my mother fell down on her knees but did not seem to complain. Recently, she did a bit of house work for a few days and her knee is in pain especially in the back where you bend your leg. Pain is also notable when she sits down for an hour or longer and gets up, and als...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother has osteoarthritis of the knee and the fall may have stirred this further. The pain that you describe is at the back of the knee this can come from the knee cap as well as the degenerative tear of the medial meniscus. As there are a very little mechanical...  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for my mom's severe knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing this on behalf of my mother. She is 60 years old and weighs about 86 kg. Her complaint is very extreme pain on the knee (left leg). This issue started one year ago and we consulted orthopedics who applied an injection on her knee after verifying an x-ray report and prescri...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your x-rays show (attachment removed to protect patient identity), grade 2-3 arthritis (4 is worst) in both knees, however, the x-ray picture does not always match with the clinical symptom as is in your case. I will recommend that you take a course of anti-inflamma...  Read Full »

How is knee swelling treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 50 years old. He has swelling in left knee and some liquid is coming out of the knee. He consulted an orthopedic doctor and he prescribed some tests and medicine to him. Also, the doctor said his bones are weak. Please explain me what should I do know. Also, let me know wheth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing the clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it appears to be synovitis of the knee joint. At the age of 50, osteoarthritis being the most common cause of synovitis. It is not advisable to start with steroid small 6 mg tablet. Is your...  Read Full »