Q. Why do I have pain in the center part of the stomach below the kidney?

Dr. Philip Shenouda
Published on May 30, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 03, 2019

I have regular pain in the upper center part of the stomach just below the kidney. Please tell me the reason and medicine. Pain arises, especially in the early morning.

Dr. Philip Shenouda

Internal Medicine
#

The reason can be gastritis, which is inflammation of the stomach. Please do the mentioned test and use the medicine below until you get the test result.

H.Pylori in stools.

Gastritis
H. Pylori infection.

Ranitidine 150 mg one capsule two times per day before food.
Avoid chilli food, caffeine, mint, soda drinks, chocolates, and heavy fried food. Until I see the lab results. Give two hours gap before sleep and after eating.

Follow-up when you get the lab result and mention whether you are getting improvement on the prescribed medication.

| 

I have stomach pain when I pass stools. Please suggest a medicine.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a disease of the stomach for six months now. I feel a pain in my stomach when I pass stools. My stool is like mud or liquid, but not like water. I have consulted many doctors but I do not have relief yet. Please tell me what I should do. I am very worried.  Read Full »

How to treat indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers and wet cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I have indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers, and a wet cough.  Read Full »

Is erosive pan gastritis permanently curable?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with erosive pan gastritis through an endoscope in the stomach. I was an IBS patient as well. The medication given was Happi 20 mg morning and Lafaxid D, at bedtime for one month. Is it permanently curable? I was undergoing stress and depression and I we...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now