Q. My TSH - 5. 96, free T3 - 2. 49, free T4 - 0. 76, Age 33. Do I need thyroid medicine?

Dr. Sruti Chandrasekaran
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Hello Doctor, Free TSH 5.96, freeT3 2.49, freeT4 0.76. Age 33 years.

Symptoms - weight gain, depression, late periods since second delivery and 2 years back. Do I need thyroid medicine?

#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.

I would like to know when was this thyroid test done?

This seems to be a very mild thyroid dysfunction.

Does anyone in your family have thyroid problem? I would recommend you to consult an endocrinologist online to go for some more testing (like thyroid antibodies and repeat thyroid function test) and initiate thyroid medication if necessary --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|