Q. I feel heavy over my chest. What could it be?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2020

I am a 34 year old male. I am suffering from numbness in my hands and toes. I also have wheezing. I am getting moderate chest pain and cough when I take a full breathe. I feel heavy over my chest. My body feels like burning, but also freezing under comforter. I have entire body pain and fatigue. I had the same last night. Do you have any ideas about my problem?

#

I have carefully gone through your query.

• As you are describing your symptoms above it seems to me like a viral condition, which has affected neuromuscular system too.¬†Probably, the entry port of this infection is the respiratory system.
  • There are several viruses and bacteria which cause atypical infections not clearly understandable. So, the lungs auscultation may be negative.
  • Since you have cough, body ache, chest pain, fatigue and fever, the most probable diagnosis is viral infection (some kind of flu).
  • I would recommend you to go through some tests, to get more accurate information of what is happening with your body.
  • So, a complete blood count, blood sugar, liver and kidney function indicators, blood fats and electrolytes would be very helpful to get a better view of your situation. After that a physical examination must be done again by your primary doctor.
  • I would recommend you to maintain a light diet with soups, plenty of liquids, vegetables and fruits. Ibuprofen and vitamin C would help you at the moment to control body ache and fatigue. After the tests results, we will be able to build a better scheme of treatment.

Revert back with the reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|