Q. I get small irritable bumps on my vagina after unprotected sex. What could it be?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2020

I currently had unprotected intercourse about a week ago. My vagina has become really itchy and sore. I tried to take a picture just to see if anything was going on and there are a lot of tiny white bumps that almost look like a rash. And it is extremely irritating. Any ideas of what this could be?

I am currently on OCP Yaz.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

I have seen the image that you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Is there any discharge from vagina? If yes, is it white or yellow or watery or creamy? It appears like fungal infection most likely vulvovaginal candidiasis.

Use Clotrimazole per vaginal gel twice a day for five days, take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a day for five days, and tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three days. If symptoms not improved please get it done vaginal swab or secretions culture and sensitivity.

Review with reports after one week.

Sexually transmitted.

Vaginal swab culture and sensitivity or vaginal secretion culture and sensitivity.

Herpes simplex virus 2 infection. Bacterial vaginosis.

Vulvovaginal candidiasis

Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a week after food for five weeks, Azithromycin 500 mg once a day after food for three days. Clotrimozole 2% per vaginal gel apply twice a day for one week. Take Cetirizine in case of itching twice a day for five days.

Avoid intercourse for one week. Bath two times a day for five days.

Review after five days.

|