Q. I have PCOS because of which I am facing difficulty in reducing weight. Please suggest.

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya
Published on Oct 08, 2013 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

I am 20 years old. I am a college student. Few weeks back, I was told that I have PCOS because of which I am facing difficulty in reducing weight. My weight is 65 kg and I am 5'4" height. It would be really helpful if you could suggest me a diet plan.

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

#

I can give you some guidance which might help you reduce weight with PCOS (polycystic ovaries).

• Try to drink at least two liters of water daily.
  • You should have a bowl of soup between breakfast and lunch.
  • Eat lots of vegetables and white meat for lunch.
  • Have some fruits in the evening.
  • Eat your dinner early which is light and easily digestible.
  • Try to check your weight regularly and stick to exercise.

For further information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

I need a diet chart that includes high-fiber foods. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from fissure, PCOD, and I need to include high-fiber in my diet. I am missing out on breakfasts. I need a diet chart for seven days a week which includes high-fiber food. I need at least 14 g of fiber each day.  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a diet chart for a kidney transplanted patient

Query: Hi doctor, Four years before I had a kidney transplant. My weight is 79 kg and height is 164 cm. My current medication is immunosuppressant. Please explain me the diet chart.  Read Full »

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full »

Ask a Dietician Now