Q. My tongue is weird white or green color, with small spots, and my gums are swollen. Why?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

For the past few days, my mouth has been in bits. I cannot eat or chew. My tongue is a weird white or green color with some small spots. My gums are a very dark red and very painful and swollen. My tongue is agonizing. Kindly help me.

#

You might have a bacterial infection of the mouth most probably. So due to that, only you have such coating on the tongue and pain. Due to that, your gums are swollen, and the pain is there.

In some cases, a candidal (fungal) infection may lead to such symptoms.

So I would suggest you take:

1) Tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate) three times a day after meal.

2) Tablet Vitamin B complex one tablet after meal (at night).

3) Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day before meal (morning).

4) Tablet Diclofenac 75 mg once after a meal (if the pain is severe).

Take these medications for five days. Please tell me, is there any smell from the mouth? How did it appear? Was there any fever or cough? Or did it all of a sudden happened? Has it appeared after some sexual contact?

Please do not drink anything cold. Use lukewarm water.

Yes, I had fever and cough, not straight after sexual contact, but I am sexually active. Kindly give your opinion.

#

If you have had unprotected sex and your partner has symptoms, then let me know. Was it oral sex?

Please let me know for further help.

Yes, I have had oral sex. Kindly help me.

#

Actually, it can be a candidal infection if your partner had it, then most probably you got it from him. Take five days of treatment as I suggested and let me after five days.

Do you have multiple partners? Does your partner has any discharge or symptoms such as itching in the penis?

Please let me know if any.

|