Q. I am having pain in my cheeks and unable to open my mouth fully. Why?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Oct 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I am having pain in my mouth (cheeks) for the past two days. I am unable to open my mouth fully. The previous night I gave a long blowjob session (approximately 10-15 minutes) to my partner. Since then I am feeling too much pain. I am unable to eat anything. Please suggest some medicine.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

It could be due to infection in the lower wisdom tooth area. This occurs when the lower third molar, wisdom tooth starts coming out. If there is less space for it, then the food starts accumulating beside it. Use warm salt water gargle three times a day for a week.

Take:

1. Amoxicillin 500 mg three times a day for three days.

2. Flamar (Diclofenac sodium) three times a day for three days.

Consult a dentist.

Send a picture of the area if possible, for a detailed treatment plan.

What causes bad breath after wisdom teeth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. I am not in much pain but I have a horrible taste in my mouth and my breath is horrible. I have brushed my teeth twice a day, I use a salt water rinse like 15 times a day. And I use an alcohol-free mouth wash. I cannot tell if I have an infection ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you do not have pain or fever or any other major symptoms, there is nothing much to freak about. Coming on to the bad taste and bad odor, it could be due to any deposits in the socket or anywhere else in the mouth. Even a dry mouth can cause it. But if you feel i...  Read Full

I have discomfort in my gums where the wisdom tooth is piercing them. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My wisdom tooth is coming in. I have discomfort in my gums where the tooth is piercing them. I am having pain when I open my jaw and swallow. My throat is a bit red. I have swollen glands under my neck on the side where the tooth is coming in. Do I need medical attention?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of pericoronitis and due to that, you have all those symptoms. Yes, you need medical attention. Right now take these medicines: Amoxycillin Clavulanic acid 625 mg three times daily for five days. Tablet Acelofenac 100 mg with Paracetamol 325 mg and Serratid...  Read Full

Kindly suggest medicine for wisdom tooth pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having wisdom tooth pain and I am currently traveling. Can you please suggest some good pain relief medicine and once I am back home, I shall get it treated. Please find the attached X-ray.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I checked your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Pain is due to impacted wisdom tooth which has also damaged adjacent tooth leading to caries. You may require disimpaction and restoration of adjacent tooth by root canal. Right no...  Read Full