Q. I am having pain in my cheeks and unable to open my mouth fully. Why?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I am having pain in my mouth (cheeks) for the past two days. I am unable to open my mouth fully. The previous night I gave a long blowjob session (approximately 10-15 minutes) to my partner. Since then I am feeling too much pain. I am unable to eat anything. Please suggest some medicine.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

It could be due to infection in the lower wisdom tooth area. This occurs when the lower third molar, wisdom tooth starts coming out. If there is less space for it, then the food starts accumulating beside it. Use warm salt water gargle three times a day for a week.

Take:

1. Amoxicillin 500 mg three times a day for three days.

2. Flamar (Diclofenac sodium) three times a day for three days.

Consult a dentist.

Send a picture of the area if possible, for a detailed treatment plan.

| 

The gum near my wisdom tooth is painful. Will it lead to further gum disease?

Query: Hello doctor, The gum near my wisdom tooth is a little sore when I wake up from sleep. I can also feel pain when I chew food. I have attached a picture of it. I have been having this for a few years now. It is not a massive pain, so it is manageable, and I do not mind it if there are no other compl...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicine for wisdom tooth pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having wisdom tooth pain and I am currently traveling. Can you please suggest some good pain relief medicine and once I am back home, I shall get it treated. Please find the attached X-ray.  Read Full »

What could a sore bump behind my last molar on the right side of my mouth be?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the dentist four days ago and now I am noticing a sore bump behind my last molar on the right side of my mouth.  Read Full »