Q. I have a bump on the shaft with mild burning sensation. Please help.

My partner and I have been together for three months and decided not to use protection anymore since she has birth control in her arm. I started to notice a bump on the shaft for the past two weeks. It is on the outside where the shaft and testicles touch. A couple of days ago, it was not bothersome or that big. We have intercourse on the day before and yesterday morning. I noticed it was much larger, and there is a slight burning when I touch it. There is no pain when I urinate. Today I notice a slight peeling but nothing crazy. We both did oral sex but did not have any other symptoms. I have scheduled a doctor visit for Friday. I just want to know about my condition.

#

I read your query and gone through the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

After careful inspection of the attached image and considering relevant history, including unprotected sexual intercourse, duration of exposure around two weeks, elevated bump, and skin feeling, there is a possibility that the lesion is related to sexually transmitted infection.

The first possibility is the syphilitic chancre, as it is a painless and slight elevation of the skin. The point against the diagnosis of syphilis is a short time (often it takes weeks to manifest) and absence of ulceration. However, it is possible that ulcer formation could be under process.

The second possibility is a yeast infection, although the absence of itching and moist surface almost rules out the case.

The third possibility is that the lesion is unrelated to your sexual encounters, and it is a simple lesion related to skin disorders or superficial tissue infections. Before we can test for various sexually transmitted diseases, I feel this is the provisional cause for this lesion.

After taking a shower. I looked underneath my for skin.

#

Thanks for the follow-up and new images of the affected area (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The attached new images support the first and third possibility, which we discussed earlier and almost rules out yeast infection as a possibility.

The possibility of these lesions unrelated to your sexual life, meaning simple skin infection and inflammation, is high compared to syphilitic chancre.

|