Q. Is movement of penis skin below and above ring after circumcision normal?

Answered by
Dr. Shahil Khant
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 28, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I am a male, 25 years old, not married. Recently, I had a circumcision (seven weeks back) surgery because of phimosis. The foreskin was removed till above the ring of my penis head. During sleep or when it is erected, skin is automatically moving below the ring and automatically coming back to normal position. Here are my questions.

  1. Even after circumcision, does moving or retraction of the skin below and above the ring matter?
  2. I am having a little bit difficulty to move the skin to below the ring with my hand, during masturbation. Even sometimes it is moving on its own when erected. Is it okay?
  3. Will this affect my sex life in future?
  4. I am doubtful that I might be having less natural lubricant under the skin of my penis. Because of that, I see some pain if I hardly rub my penis during masturbation. Can we hardly rub the penis during masturbation? If yes, is this pain common? Do I have natural lubricant issue under the skin of penis? Please clarify my questions in detail, as I am shy to ask these questions to a doctor directly.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Relax and do not worry. After circumcision, you will not have any skin on your penis head. If you pull also, it will go back to the ring of the penis head. So, that is normal. Also, as penis head is a sensitive structure, you will have a feeling of dryness for some weeks. So, nothing to worry. If you are feeling too much dry, then you can just apply two to three drops of coconut oil.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you doctor,

Can you clarify me my above four questions or doubts?



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  1. After circumcision, your skin will be behind penis head. So, it does not matter if it does not come on penis head.
  2. Yes, it is fine if it moves above penis head or by itself goes down. It does not matter.
  3. No, it will not affect your sex life in any way.
  4. No, you will not have natural lubricant on penis head. If you can rub, hardly you will feel some pain but that is temporary and eventually it will go away. That is normal.

So, there is nothing to worry. Everything is fine. I hope I have cleared your doubts.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can intercourse with tight foreskin cause problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a tight foreskin, but I am able to masturbate without pain. I would like to know whether it will cause any problem while having sex. Thank you.  Read Full »

What is the solution for skin being tight over the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I have been having sex using a condom and it has been fine. Now we want to conceive and we are having sex without a condom and he experiences pain in his penis which causes him to lose his erection. He also experienced a cut in his penis area which caused bleeding that ...  Read Full »

I put scotch tape on penis to regenerate foreskin. Will my babies have birth defects?

Query: Hello doctor, To make a long story short, I used scotch tape and micropore tape respectively on my penis. Two straps of tape were attached to the penis in the form of a cross, so that they met in the tip of the penis' head, while the ends went all the way down to the skin of the shaft. This allowed...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.