Q. Kindly help me reduce the higher values shown in my blood report.

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 17, 2020

I am suffering from stomach bloating and gastric problem. I had a blood test and the report is as below. Total cholesterol 208 mg/dL, triglyceride 253 mg/dL, HDL 38 mg/dL, LDL 119 mg/dL, SGOT (AST) 63 U/L, SGPT (ALT) 80 U/L, total bilirubin 1.9 mg/dL, vitamin B12 185 pg/dL and vitamin D 9.35 ng/dL. Please advice any medicine required to lower the above result.

#

• My lipid test indicates that you have high cholesterol and high triglyceride in blood. This means that you have either higher fat content in the diet or metabolism of fat is not proper.
  • Liver test indicates slightly higher SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase), SGPT (serum glutamic-pyruvic transaminase) and total bilirubin and these are possibly due to increased work requirement of liver tissue towards high cholesterol level.
  • Low vitamin B12 levels suggest inadequate and improper diet schedule or habit.
  • Vitamin D cannot be supplemented by diet source. It is converted to active form by body itself and requires exposure to sunlight.
  • Ultrasound abdomen suggests fatty liver. It means there is deposition of fat in liver tissue (minimal grade 1) due to either excess load of fat content to liver from high fat containing food or from the defective metabolism of fat (lipids) in liver tissue. Still minimal fatty deposition is liver is reversible.
  • Alcohol intake, high fat diet and sedentary lifestyle are contributing factors for this condition.
  • You may need some lifestyle modifications and diet modifications such as regular exercise, intermittent fasting, high protein diet, low fat diet and use of omega 3 fatty acid containing oil for the preparation of food.

High fat containing food.

Fatty liver.

1. Avoid fat containing diet.
2. Take high protein diet and do regular exercise.
3. Follow up regularly with family physician as it requires follow up investigations after three to four months.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|