Q. Can you suggest any medicine to get proper erection?

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Published on Mar 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2019

I am a married guy of 32 years old. For the past two to three years, I am facing problem to get proper erection. I have already consulted a doctor and he asked me to get some tests done such as cholesterol, sugar and BP. We found that the triglyceride value is more than 350 mg/dL. He advised me to take tablet Lipicard 160 and Nano-Leo total sachet twice a day in milk for a week. He also advised me to do regular exercise and decrease the fatty or oily food. After a week, I found some difference in erection. It was better than before, but still I am not getting a triggering effect like I was having in my younger age. I had Sildenafil citrate in the past. Currently, I am taking Duralast 30 mg. In my teenage, erection used to happen even by thought. But, now I am getting it after struggling on bed. With my partner too the duration is very short. Please help.

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology Sleep Medicine
#

• You are facing both premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Duralast (Dapoxetine) helps with premature ejaculation, but could worsen the problem of erectile dysfunction.
  • For this, you need to take tablet Forzest (Tadalafil) 20 mg along with Duralast one hour before sexual activity. As the effect of Tadalafil lasts for 48 hours, you need to take it on alternate days only and not daily.
  • Continue taking Lipicard (Fenofibrate) and Nano-Leo (Ginkgo biloba, L-arginine, Yohimbe bark extract and Zinc sulfate) along with Forzest as advised by your physician.
  • Even if Sildenafil did not help you previously, Tadalafil taken along with your other medicines, dietary changes and exercise is likely to be effective.
  • I will also advice you to take D-rise 60k (vitamin D) once a week for four weeks. It helps in testosterone synthesis.

1. Hyperlipidemia.
2. Dapoxetine.

Erectile dysfunction.

Exercise and dietary changes.

For further information consult a sexologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I have already tried Megalis 20 - Tadalafil. But, Tadalafil causes headache and body ache. What to do?

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com. In that case, you have two options, which are as follows.

• Your premature ejaculation - PE problem might be secondary to your erectile dysfunction (ED). People with erectile dysfunction rush through sexual activity because they fear that the erection might not last leading to premature ejaculation.
  • In such a case, treatment of premature ejaculation is not needed. So, you can stop taking Duralast for 15 days and observe whether there is any help in erection.
  • If erection improves, then you should stop Duralast and instead apply a layer of local anesthetic like Lignox 2 percent jelly (Lignocaine) over the glans penis 15 minutes before sexual activity. It is effective in PME and does not worsen ED.
  • Secondly, for headache and body ache take Paracetamol 600 mg along with Tadalafil. It will prevent the aches. You can take another tablet next morning also, if needed.
  • Also, try taking 10 mg Megalis instead of 20 mg and see if the headache and body ache is less and bearable.
  • Take tablet Tetrafol plus (Levomefolate calcium, Pyridoxal 5-phosphate and Mecobalamin) one tablet daily at night for a month along with your current medicines. It will help in erection by gradually increasing the blood flow to the penis.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full »

I want to know about my overall health check up report. Please suggest.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 38 years old. I got my blood test done for an overall health checkup. I am attaching my reports. I can see my heart and cardiology reports are not good. Can you please tell me whether there is anything abnormal?  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now