Q. Why do I always feel like something is stuck in my chest even though I eat healthily?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 05, 2020

Hello, I feel like something is always stuck in my chest, I have had EKG, Chest xray, and EGD procedure that showed I had a small Hernia and my LES was somewhat open and they use forceps to close it with good success according to the notes in my medical records. I was prescribed Omeprazol. which never helped and I still feel this pressure all the time, regardless. I'm a personal trainer and Nutritionist and I don't eat any of the trigger foods that causes acid reflux, I'm very cautious about what I eat and put into my body, i am 5'8 and weigh 143 pounds 56 years old not health problems. I also stop taking the RX due to the side effects and the way it made me feel all the time, so I am during Holistic and natural remedies like Apple Cider vinegar water twice a day with meals , and probiotics, and just continueing my healthy diet, i also do not eat after 6pm . So I'm confused about my situation. I just want to know what is going on and why does this feeling continue daily and my eating is healthy?"

Dr. Sugreev Singh

#

Hi sir Welcome to icliniq Thank you for writing us. I studied your case you have described everything in details. There can be various factors which need to be closed in your case. If you are having it since long then it has became chronic GERD . In chronic GERD mainly the normal tissue or layer is changed by stomach tissue which always tiggers such reflux and due to that you are feeling unusual sensation. Other reason can be narrowing of ( LES) as you mentioned in case your lower esophageal sphincter can be narrow. So when ever you eat something it takes time or passes slowly through that sphincter and you get reflux. The third one can be hernioplasty. I mean if there is still some part which is pouching out that can be reason for that. Because normally Omeprazole should help at least once. And as you said your diet is good. In my opinion either you can change Omeprazole with tab ranitidine 75 mg twice a day for 3-5 days and see if it works. If not consult a Gastroenterologist or gastro surgeon. And get treatment for it. In some cases if that part is not healing up they cut it and remove. So that thing can be discussed with surgeon only. Thank you sir Would you like to ask anything else Please call or message

|