Q. Is headache a symptom of HIV?

Answered by Dr. Bharat Patodiya and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Headache or Hiv? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Is headache a symptom of HIV?

Before 14 days, I had an encounter with a female escort. We had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. I am worried about the possibility of HIV as I am experiencing headaches. From day 4 or 5 post exposure, I have had a general malaise feeling in my head, feeling spaced out and slightly dizzy. I have also been having headaches. The headaches come and go and vary in strength. They are always located as a pain between my eyebrows in the procerus muscle. When I massage that part of my head, it goes away for a few seconds and again, last for a couple of hours or so. Most recently, one eye was twitching and was slightly puffy. The headache almost feels like the procerus muscle itself is tight and causing the pain. I have read that the procerus muscle headache is common in sinus infections, but I feel that my sinuses are all fine. I do not have a cold of any sort. I have no other typical HIV symptoms, so I am wondering could these types of headache occur through stress or anxiety? I have a fair bit of that just now.