Q. My Hb is 8 to 9 with normal MCV and spleen enlargement. Please advice.

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Hemoglobin or Complete Blood Count? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My Hb is 8 to 9 always, and MCV is on the normal range, on CBC. I have enlarged spleen (moderate to severe) since childhood and chronic since then. I have a history of blood transfusions but had transfused only 6 to 7 times. My brother has the same problem with the same symptoms also. He is 31, and I am 34 years old. My mother is anemic with Hb 7.5 to 9.0 always, with normal MCV on CBC. She is 51 years old. Father has normal HB 14 always.