Q. Please estimate my blood test report and comment on the abnormal values.

Answered by
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 11, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 14, 2020

Hello doctor,

I found in my test report with high mentioned below.

Bilirubin total 1.4 H mg/dl

Triglycerides 251 H mg/dl 0.0-150.0

LDL cholesterol 108 H mg/dl < 100

VLDL cholesterol 50.2 H mg/dl < 40

Cholesterol /HDL ratio 5.28 H - 0.0-5.0

Fasting blood sugar (Hexokinase) 126 H mg/dl 70.0-100.0

MCHC (Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration) 34.8 H g/L 31.5 - 34.5

Monocytes 1.5 L % 0.2-1.0 thousand/µL [2-10%]

Please let me know is there any problem.

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Abnormal reports are one is lipid profile, you are having hyperlipidemia and secondly, blood sugars which are just in a diabetic range. Bold figures are not necessarily abnormal and slight variation is acceptable. Get one ECG (electrocardiography) done as well.

You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high-calorie diet. Have a low salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly and should not be persistently more than 140/90 mmHg. Take lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, and avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. There should not abdominal fat deposition or obesity.

Also, you should be started on lipid medicine like tablet Rosuvastatin 10 mg at bedtime, repeat the lipid profile after eight weeks.

For sugars, I think we should try vigorous lifestyle changes which includes strict avoidance of sweets, regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according to your capacity at least 30 minutes a day and five days a week, and above mentioned changes. Repeat fasting and postprandial blood sugar after two weeks and also get HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) done. If they are still in the diabetic range then you need to take medicine like Metformin.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Your advice is highly appreciated. I will follow this.

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

You are welcome. Keep in touch for further doubts.

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

ECG shows RBBB and marked left ventricular hypertrophy. What does it mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 12 years old, very active, plays representative basketball and attends a sports high school. Last Sunday, he was knocked over while playing and hurt his arm. After getting up, he fainted. He was fine after that. There were no broken bones, but the medical center did an ECG, and...  Read Full »

Please suggest an ayuredic remedy for premature ejaculation and low libido.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male. I suffer from premature ejaculation and low libido. I am not currently on medication. I am non-diabetic and no other medication. Please prescribe Ayurvedic remedies.  Read Full »

My legs are getting weaker and toes also numb. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My right leg is weak and toes also numb. Last year I had the same problem in my left leg. I can no longer control and use my left hand. I had same problem with my right hand before two years. I am very concerned because I can feel my left leg getting weaker and numb and my right hand ...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.