High Blood Sugar Level

Why is my blood sugar level 390 after a meal?

Query: Hello doctor,My sugar level is not reducing even after I take human Actrapid 24 in the morning, 20 in the noon and Insugen (30/70) 14 dose past 15 days. Sugar is 390 after food. Kindly tell the reason and how to reduce it.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to understand how much your sugar level was 15 days ago (before you started insulin therapy). If there is a decrease in your sugar level compared to the earlier value, then you are definitely on the right track. All you need would be a change in the d...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms and warning signs of pre-diabetes and diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, How to spot symptoms of high blood sugar and warning signs for high blood sugar and pre-diabetes? I would like to know at least one symptom of hyperglycemia, and explanation of why that symptom occurs during a bout of high blood sugar?  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually high blood glucose (hyperglycemia) symptoms are not very obvious, hence people do not come to know about the problem easily. So called typical symptoms of diabetes or hyperglycemia are : excess thirst (polydypsia), excess hunger (polyphagia) and excess urin...  Read Full »

Can high sugar levels cause kidney problems?

Query: Hi doctor, This is about my elder sister who is 37 years old. She is diabetic since 4 years. I have attached the report and prescription of the same. Please check and give suggestion. Now she is suffering from swollen face. Is there any problem in kidney due to high sugar level?  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query to this platform. Your sister is a known case of hypothyroidism with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes mellitus. Her sugar is constantly raised throughout the last 5-6 months as shown in the reports. She is on oral diabetic drugs and her blood sugar...  Read Full »

Please help me control my blood sugar levels.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient and under insulinfor the past 5 years. So, please help me to control it. I recently did a medical checkup. I have attached my reports here. I want you to suggest yoga remedies as well as home remedies (I am a pure vegetarian).  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail, and my observations are: Your blood sugar level is much higher than normal. This can be seen from the HbA1c and average blood glucose values. It is important for you to get ...  Read Full »

I am thinking to change my medicine for diabetes. What can I take instead of Sitaglu Met?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old, and my weight is 97 kilograms. I am a diabetic patient, and my A1C test showed a result of 9 %. I am taking Sitaglu Met 500 mg. It has not helped me. When I take it, within five minutes, my sugar level gets increased to 250 mg/dL and comes down again to 180 mg/dL or 19...  Read Full »

Dr. Shazli Naseer

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please verify the dose of Sitaglu Met. It is a combination medication. It has two medicines Sitagliptin and Metformin. Please mention whether you take 50 mg/500 mg or 50 mg/1000 mg dose. Please send a picture of it. Medication alone cannot control diabetes. Determining ...  Read Full »

I am taking Glycomet GP 2 and Vobose for diabetes. Is it enough?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old, my weight is 60 Kg. I have diabetes for the last four years with 250 to 350 sugar level, I take medicine tablet Glycomet GP 2 and Vobose 0.3 twice a day. Please consult me these medicines are right for me or not.   Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are on the standard medications that we prescribe for treatment of diabetes. But if your blood sugar levels are in the range of 250 to 350 with the use of medicines, then it is on the higher side and you will need a modification of med...  Read Full »

My PP blood sugar level remains in the range of 150 to 176. How to reduce it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old male. Before 12 years, I went for my first master checkup without symptoms. The result showed high 2 hours PPBG while FBG and A1c are normal. The consultant physician advised me to eat less at a time and increase the number of feeds in a day and encouraged me to check ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. On going through the details provided, it is clear that you are in a prediabetes situation. Following are the criteria for diagnosing diabetes: Normal: Fasting blood glucose (FBG) 70 to 110 mg, PP less than 140 mg and HbA1c% less than 5.9. Prediabetes: FBG 108 to...  Read Full »

Do cholesterol medications cause an increase in creatinine values?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Lipicard 160 mg and Atorlip 10 mg for controlling triglycerides and cholesterol. Both are now under control but, my serum creatinine value is 1.2. Is the value higher than normal? If so, is it due to my medicines or could there be any other reason?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not elevated but in the borderline. Actually, the values depend on the lab as well. You need to see the lab reference range for it. However, you should get it repeated as we need to be sure regarding the value. And, this is not due to the medicines which you tak...  Read Full »

I lose my erection when I try to penetrate. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who is a regular smoker, and I work abroad. I go home for two months every year. From the last two years, I am facing problems in my sex life, when I go home. My penis is not getting erect fully, and when I try to penetrate, I lose my erection. I drink alcohol on...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erectile dysfunction is due to anxiety and stress, so relax and unwind. Do regular exercises. To exclude physical cause, you need to do the following blood tests: Postprandial blood sugar. TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone). Prolactin. Testosterone. Depending on the report...  Read Full »

Would antibiotics during pregnancy cause any harm?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 8 weeks pregnant. A couple of days before, the doctor did a urine routine and report stated that 12 to 14 pus cells. Then, we did a urine culture as well and after 48 hours of the culture, the report came as bacteria not seen. In this case, do we need to take antibiotics to cl...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Taking another course of antibiotics would cause no harm, but infection if occurs again and again may be harmful to pregnancy. You are right in your worry that it may be an extra course, as your wife took one recently. But, as I said, it is better to play on the safe side...  Read Full »