Q. What might be the reason for increasing lightheadedness?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 04, 2020

I am suffering from increasing lightheadedness and pressure near the back of the neck. I have this throughout the day. It gets worse with exertion and hot shower. I have some weird feeling in chest that is almost a fast heartbeat. My EKG and blood pressure are normal. Currently, I am on Prozac 10 mg. What might be the cause for it? Please help.

Dr. Eriol Braholli

General Medicine General Surgery Internal Medicine
#

• So, the other reason may be your depression medication. The common side effects of Prozac (Fluoxetine) are headache and dizziness. If you have started or changed the dose of the medication lately, then that could be the cause for dizziness.
  • You have to talk with the doctor, who has prescribed the medication and discuss about this problem.
  • Check your blood pressure regularly. If no improvements, then a neurologist consultation for physical evaluation would be necessary.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|