Q. The left side of my head hurts a lot, and I am not able to sleep properly. Please help.

Dr. Gursimran
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 12, 2021

I am not able to sleep properly for the past two days and it seems like a migraine headache. I also have pain on the left side of the head and my left eye hurts a lot. When I get up fast, everything becomes dark for 3 to 5 seconds in front of my eyes.

#

You are correct about migraines. I need to know some more details about your headache. Please mention the duration of having a headache and how long it stays. Please mention whether you have vomiting along with it. Please mention whether it seems to be a throbbing type. Your second problem is called orthostatic symptoms. You need to drink water of 3 to 4 liters per day. Put on high tight socks whenever possible and do not stand up suddenly and take around two seconds to stand up.

Migraine headaches can get triggered by sun exposure, traveling, before getting menstrual periods, and stress.

You do not need it.

You seem to have migraines without aura and orthostatic hypotension.

You can take tablet Naxdom 500 mg (Naproxen with Domperidone) at the time of having a headache for the first time.

Preventing having triggers as mentioned above.

I would like to know the character of headaches in the follow-up.

|