Q. Even after quiting stimulant drugs, my penis did not come back to its normal size. Why?

I used to use Methamphetamine, Speed, and other stimulants regularly for around five years. I am now 11 months clean and my penis has not returned to normal size. It is noticeably smaller. I am getting erections as usual and enjoying a clean sex life but will my penis return to its normal size ever?

#

How old are you?

I am 36 years old.

#

Do you think your current size of the penis is similar to penis size before your consumption of drugs?

I know the size of length and girth has decreased as I used to be a little obsessed with my penis size. I am 100% confident that it has not returned to normal size yet.

#

Now, 11 months of drug-free interval is enough time for it to return to the previous size, but sometimes recovery may be slower. Now this varies from individual to individual.

The only way to predict is to observe the penis over a period of a few months. If you think, your todays penis size is more than that of a few months back say two to three months back then your recovery is ongoing and you are likely to gain some more size. But if it is the static in the last few months then it is unlikely to rise further. Were you frequently active sexually in the last few months?

Yes, I have been frequently active (two to three times per week with only my girlfriend). It has not changed in size at all since giving up using drugs 11 months ago. And you are saying this is the size now? Is there anything, I can do to increase it, and how did this happen may I ask?

#

All right so this is static and we should not expect it to go up significantly. However, repeated sexual intercourse may lead to a marginal increase over time due to hormonal effects and repeated venous filling, but based on previous experience this is not helping either. Also, your age is not an age of active growth, which is again a negative factor.

In my opinion, it is unlikely to go up significantly on its own. Until date, there is no evidence that any hormonal product or vitamin supplements significantly affect the length. Other than surgery (which definitely is not advisable just for size and may or may be effective), stretching may help minimally. You may just try regular penis exercises like gentle stretching or jelqing may be tried.

|