Q. What medicines can I take for painful urination?

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Dec 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 24 year old male. From the last 15 days, I have pain at the time of passing urine. So, I went for a urine test of complete urine examination and urine culture. There was nothing wrong with the complete urine examination. But, in the urine culture, at the bottom of the report, they mentioned one comment: 'occasional inflammatory cells seen'. Kindly correlate clinically. I am attaching the files. Please go through the files and suggest medications, please.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

I have seen the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It shows urine infection with E.coli type of organism. Inflammatory cells are seen due to the infection. I suggest:

1. Tablet Augmentin 375 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) thrice a day for five days.
  2. Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) in the morning for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Repeat the urine culture tests after eight days to check if the infection is gone.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Why is balanitis not responding to T-Bact and Augmentin 625?

Query: Hello doctor,I have balanitis on the head of my penis, below the foreskin. I am applying T-Bact and taking Augmentin 625 as an oral pill. It has been four days since I have started the medication. It is not going, though itching has reduced somewhat. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Balanitis can be either bacterial, fungal, viral or non-infectious. The most common being fungal. It is difficult to say without seeing your clinical picture. Please attach your clinical picture along with your query so that it is convenient for me to comment on your c...  Read Full

My 7 year old daughter has repeated urine infections. How to clear it out?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 7 years has a urine infection. We have done a urine culture as well as regular analysis and found that there is an infection. She has this problem from a long time. She has a bad habit of holding her urine for a long time until she can hold it no more.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what age did she started having UTI (urinary tract infection)? How often does she get UTI? Does she have a fever now? How is the general condition? Once this episode resolves, she needs an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters, and bladder) with PVR (po...  Read Full

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full >>

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.First get a complete urine examination done along with urine culture. Keep a good perineal hygiene.You may use some vaginal wash. I suggest you antibiotic like Levofloxacin along with tablet Darilong (Darifenacin) once a day to treat urine infection and control urine. Cons...  Read Full