Q. What medicines can I take for painful urination?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 24 year old male. From the last 15 days, I have pain at the time of passing urine. So, I went for a urine test of complete urine examination and urine culture. There was nothing wrong with the complete urine examination. But, in the urine culture, at the bottom of the report, they mentioned one comment: 'occasional inflammatory cells seen'. Kindly correlate clinically. I am attaching the files. Please go through the files and suggest medications, please.

#

I have seen the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It shows urine infection with E.coli type of organism. Inflammatory cells are seen due to the infection. I suggest:

1. Tablet Augmentin 375 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) thrice a day for five days.
  2. Tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) in the morning for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Repeat the urine culture tests after eight days to check if the infection is gone.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|