Q. Will protein in urine lead to pain in pubic area?

Dr. Rahul Rathee

I have pain in the pubic area. Urine test revealed protein in the urine. But there is no pain while urinating but I get pain only when I touch the area. I am just getting sick and wondering what it might be?

#

Well, the presence of proteins in urine is not a good sign. Let me explain to you in simple words that why it is not a good sign.

The whole of the blood in our body flows through both the kidneys in our body and kidney functions as a filter, the harmful substances, and toxic molecules are taken up by the kidneys and are excreted out of the body via urine. Proteins are very essential for our body and proteins are big molecules (in size) so they do not pass through the small filtering mechanism of the kidneys. So the filtering mechanism of the kidneys is such that it allows toxic molecules to pass through the filter but does not allow substances to filter out which are essential for our body. But when the filtering mechanism of kidneys is damaged due to some underlying disease then the proteins also start leaking out, so if there are proteins present in the urine that means that the kidneys are not functioning normally.

So I would advise you to get the following tests done so that I can do a detailed evaluation of your reports to make a precise diagnosis and find out the reason which is damaging your kidneys. So please get these tests done.

1) Complete hemogram

2) LFT (liver function tests)

3) KFT (kidney function tests)

4) Blood sugar (fasting and postprandial)

5) Ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) region

6) Get your blood pressure checked.

Once you get these tests done, kindly send me a scanned copy of your reports for evaluation and please do not get panic, everything shall be fine.

|