Q. Will protein in urine lead to pain in pubic area?

Answered by
Dr. Rahul Rathee
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 25, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have pain in the pubic area. Urine test revealed protein in the urine. But there is no pain while urinating but I get pain only when I touch the area. I am just getting sick and wondering what it might be?



Welcome to

Well, the presence of proteins in urine is not a good sign. Let me explain to you in simple words that why it is not a good sign.

The whole of the blood in our body flows through both the kidneys in our body and kidney functions as a filter, the harmful substances, and toxic molecules are taken up by the kidneys and are excreted out of the body via urine. Proteins are very essential for our body and proteins are big molecules (in size) so they do not pass through the small filtering mechanism of the kidneys. So the filtering mechanism of the kidneys is such that it allows toxic molecules to pass through the filter but does not allow substances to filter out which are essential for our body. But when the filtering mechanism of kidneys is damaged due to some underlying disease then the proteins also start leaking out, so if there are proteins present in the urine that means that the kidneys are not functioning normally.

So I would advise you to get the following tests done so that I can do a detailed evaluation of your reports to make a precise diagnosis and find out the reason which is damaging your kidneys. So please get these tests done.

1) Complete hemogram

2) LFT (liver function tests)

3) KFT (kidney function tests)

4) Blood sugar (fasting and postprandial)

5) Ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) region

6) Get your blood pressure checked.

Once you get these tests done, kindly send me a scanned copy of your reports for evaluation and please do not get panic, everything shall be fine.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Please provide opinion on my complete blood count report.

.. the mentioned history hemoglobin level is low and MCV (mean corpuscular volume) is high, So macrocytic anemia is present (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cause for which has to be ruled out. Hypothyroidism, vitamin B12 deficie...   Read full

Please explain my further treatment based on the report.

Hi doctor, I have my serum creatinine, serum uric acid, creatinine urine and protein urine test done ... The result indicates that I have creatinine 137, uric acid 96, creatinine ...   Read full

What can be the reason for my wife's joint pain?

To confirm this we need to do a complete urine examination ... Kindly do CBP (complete blood profile, ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), urine examination and uric ac...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.