Q. Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?

Published on Jun 16, 2017

I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I had protected sexual intercourse 60 days ago, and my HIV result (ELISA test) was negative after 60 days of exposure, and other STDs were also negative. Should I worry about HIV now? What are the probabilities to have HIV and scabies together? My lymphocyte and other blood count numbers were fine. Even if I have HIV, can I spread it to the whole family by skin contact or eating in the utensils used by them? Please explain.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

Permethrin is fine, but Fluconazole and Ketoconazole have no role in scabies. Permethrin has to be applied two times, one week apart and every member of the family should apply it at the same time.

Leave the furniture and mobile as it is, as transmission rarely occurs through these. Clothes are the main culprit.

Scabies is common in advanced HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). No, touching and sharing will not transmit HIV, and if the sex was protected, then you are not at risk.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

HIV1 RNA test is negative. Can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?

Query: Hi doctor,I had sex with massage girl a month back with a condom. But I am not sure about condom break. I had HIV1 RNA test 21 days late. It came negative. So do I need to take another test or can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you need to go for fourth generation ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay). For more information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist  Read Full

My daughter has scabies, which did not subside with medication. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 20 months old and weighs 15 kg. She is a very active child. She was suffering from severe itching and rashes. The doctor diagnosed her with scabies. He prescribed HH mite cream for three days, and Atarax syrup 2.5 ml thrice a day. On the rash, he asked us to apply Flutivate...  Read Full >>

Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please continue the Atarax syrup (Hydroxyzine) only if there is itching. You can repeat HH mite cream (Permethrin) if itching is significant. It has to be applied to the whole body below the neck. Avoid the head, face, neck, anal and vaginal areas. Also, avoid regio...  Read Full

Which HIV test can be done nine days after possible exposure?

Query: Hello doctor,I did deep kissing like nine days ago with a girl that had HIV. Of course, I knew that after. And while it was dark, I was kissing her body too but because I did not have condom we did not have sex. Is it possible to get HIV by kissing her body or contacts with a body rash or something ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. Kissing is safe as far as the risk of HIV is concerned unless she had oral sores or bleeding gums which may increase the risk. Kissing on the skin is also not a risk. HIV is only transmitted through unprotected sex - either vaginal, anal ...  Read Full

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now