Q. My sperm has become yellowish gray. What antibiotic can I use?

Dr. Mukherjee, Koushik

I am a 32-year old man with a weight of 60 kg. I noticed for about a month now that my sperm has become yellowish gray. So, I recently went for semen analysis and the result was that I have Staphylococcus epidermidis in my semen. Please, what antibiotic can I use?

#

Bacteria in semen may cause decreased quality of sperm in it or bacterial toxin may affect the viability of sperm. But to be sure, the bacterial presence in semen must be confirmed as not from contamination from skin.

Staphylococcus epidermidis is a very common bacteria staying in our skin. So, during the process of collection of semen, you may create situations where you accidentally contaminate your sample from your own source, that is, your body with the not so harmful organisms living on your skin.

I think you can repeat the test and along with that, you do a routine checking of your semen, that is, semen analysis so that you can be assured that your semen contains an adequate number of viable sperms.

You did not mention your marital status or having any child.

I guess you are little worried about the change of color of your semen. I suggest you follow the proper steps before collecting semen for culture and analysis and then if it is proved that your semen sample is not contaminated, then we can suggest an antibiotic.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

|