Q. What are the symptoms of a urinary tract infection in a woman?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am a 21-year-old female facing some issues while urinating for the past two days. I feel a strong urge to pee, but less urine comes out when I do. I do not have a burning sensation but rather a strong sensation to urinate.

#

I have read your concern in detail and will surely help you out. The strong sensation or the urge to pee but less urine coming through is also a symptom of UTI (urinary tract infection). The absence of a burning sensation on micturition does not mean that it cannot be UTI. UTI has a variety of symptoms, and the one you are experiencing is a sign of UTI. UTI causes spasms of the urinary bladder and urethral muscles, which causes a strong urge to pee but with no release of urine. I will advise you to use the following medications for treating UTIs, which will decrease the urge to pee:

1. Tablet Sysnit-SR 100 mg (Nitrofurantoin 100 mg) twice daily for five days.

2. Tablet Urital 200 mg or Verin UTI 200 mg (Flavoxate 200 mg) twice daily for five days.

Follow this treatment, and you will be completely fine in the next four to five days.

I hope this helps you. Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|