Uti Treatment

My pee is cloudy with irritation during urination. What is the reason?

Query: Hello. I thought I had a UTI. I have a little bit of irritation when I use the bathroom and my pee tends to be really cloudy. Sometimes I itch but that’s rarely. I also seem to have the urge to keep peeing but I can’t. This has gone on for about 1 week and a half. I’m 15 and my mom...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Good day to you what you are describing seems likely to be a Urinary tract infection. It's fairly common among women and nothing to be worried about. Have you have fever in the past few days ? Urine getting cloudy suggests proteins being present in the urine. Have you noticed any swelling around yo...  Read Full »

How to get rid of UTI and rashes present on the inner thighs?

Query: Haha this is embarrassing So I have gotten UTI’s for about 11 years now ever since I was 7. I have no one to take me to the doctor (live with mom but she will not take me) and it’s getting really bad. “She” itches and burns really bad. So bad in fact it feels like Hell betwee...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq Actually the rashes you have possibly it’s due to uti only . Are they lot in numbers? Uti so this long is not good. It can damage you kidneys. Definitely you should go for testing. Then get proper treatment accordingly. Get urinalysis done and find how severe it is. ...  Read Full »

What can cause persistent UTI in pregnant women?

Query: Hello. Im 21weeks pregnant and i have a problem on solving my UTI. First urine test, i got 40-60 pus cells so the doctor gave me antibiotic and took 2 tablet for each day for 7 days. After taking, i took a urine test again but still i have a UTI, with 17-20 pus cells. It frustrates me because i drin...  Read Full »

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Answer: Hi Do you have any symptoms or are you just seeing the urine test results ?? If you don’t have any symptoms then it can be because of the contaminated sample or container Get one urine culture sensitivity test, you will know exactly which antibiotic will help For now, I would advise you to...  Read Full »

Can my mom take Nitrofurantoin for persistent UTI and E.coli infection?

Query: Good evening Dr. I require your kind advice regarding my mom's medication. She is 53 years old. You see my mom had persistent UTI & E-coli infection for almost a year throughout 2018-2019. Her health deteriorated due to which she had a fall last year & got fractures in her spine & right shoulder,...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, I hope you are doing well. I understand your concern and worry. I understood that your mother had fall and dorsal spine injury since then she is having recurrent urinary tract infection. our understanding of any disease management has based on the cause of disease or symptoms. For the sa...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of recurring UTI?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a recurring UTI. I am travelling at the moment so wanted to get some advice on how to get rid of it. I have already taken a three-day course of antibiotics the first time I had it. It went away but maybe a week later it came back at which point I took a sachet that you dissolve...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In males, recurrent urinary tract infections are uncommon and always indicate an underlying pathology or anatomical abnormality of the urinary tract. It requires complete examination of urinary tract to look for any pathology or anatomical abnormality ASAP because if th...  Read Full »

Can I take Sildoo 8 for UTI and urine retention?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old suffering from UTI and urine retention. I am a father of two, height is six feet and weighing 87 kg. I was suffering from mild constipation (first poop is easy but clearing remaining used to take some time from past few months. I used to spend at least 15-20 minutes...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep P

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your elaborate history what I could make out is that you had a severe episode of acute prostatitis which was undertreated and now it is chronic prostatitis syndrome. Also, you have severe constipation. Sildoo is silodosin which is a highly potent alpha-blocker. I w...  Read Full »

Why do I have redness on my meatus and glans after antibiotics course for E.coli?

Query: Hello doctor, For three months now, two days after finishing a 21-day course of antibiotics to clear an E.Coli UTI, I have redness on my meatus and lighter redness on my glans and also intermittent irritation of the foreskin. All this with no itching, no discharge or pain whatsoever. I have been te...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like to know a few more details to answer your query better. Have you had multiple attacks of UTI's (urinary tract infection) or was this an isolated incident? Has the area of redness remained constant or it had increased or ...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination and tests showed up 6 to 7 pus cells. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having frequent urination and tests showed up pus cells 6 to 7. I am having this for three days. I am having a feeling of voiding it even if I just urinated like one minute ago only.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your suffering. From what you mentioned, you have simple urinary tract infection. Symptoms of UTI are frequent urination, painful urination, and change in the color of urine. Treatment: Trimethoprim 200 mg tablet twice daily for five days (in case...  Read Full »

Can Cefotaxime be used for UTI in diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old male and diabetic for past ten years. I have been having UTI almost for three days a week and have been taking Norflox 400 twice a day. I was an alcoholic taking 360 ml of brandy every day and recently a month back, I have quit that habit. I now want to focus on my h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ram Naresh Daga

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take Cefotaxime 1 gm twice a day for five days after a test dose for allergy. Controlling your blood glucose levels will help to lower the episodes of UTI (urinary tract infection). Also, get a sonography done with pre and post void urine. For more informa...  Read Full »

Why is there constant feeling to urinate after treatment of UTI?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER two weeks ago to be treated for a UTI. I was told to go to an obstetrician if the symptoms persist. Well, it is back. There is no cramping, no pain in my back, just a constant feeling of having to use the restroom. It hurts and is throbbing even when I am not using th...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have the following symptoms: Feeling of wetness or bed wetting? Leakage of urine during sneezing or coughing? A severe urge to go washroom? Do your fluid intake (coffee, tea) and output matches each other? It seems to be urinary incontinence. Do repeat u...  Read Full »