Q. What does it mean to have pain in the left testicle with erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Vaibhav

I am a 19-year-old male, and I am experiencing pain in my left testicle. The intensity of pain varies. After the episodes of pain, I have had erectile dysfunction for the past week.

Kindly help.

#

Is there any change in your testis size?

Is it tender to touch?

The common causes of testicular pain in your age are:

• Varicocele (dilated veins around testes).
  • Hydrocele (fluid-filled around testes).
  • Orchitis (testicular infection).

And these conditions can eventually cause erectile dysfunction. Treatment for varicocele and hydrocele is surgery, while orchitis requires only antibiotics. Hence diagnosis has to be made correctly. For diagnosis, you will need to get an ultrasound of the inguinoscrotal area and a physical examination by the urologist.

Treatment can be planned once the diagnosis is made.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

The pain and swelling are present on the epididymis. I drank plenty of water today and took some rest, and the pain is better now.

Thanks.

#

The pain and swelling of the epididymis usually indicate an infection. These infections tend to recur. So, I advise you to get a scan done and start an antibiotics course to treat the infection.

|