HomeAnswersUrologyburning sensationI have a red spot after having sex. Is it likely to be an STD?

Does itchy burning pain sensation during urination mean STD?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 4, 2018
Reviewed AtDecember 15, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I have itchy burning or pain sensation during urination since last four to five weeks. Prior to that I had sex with unknown person so I am thinking it could be STDs. The symptoms become more when the urine become more frothy such as after drinking beer or drinking little water. I am really confused and undecided on what to do next or whom to approach as no urologist available near my stay. Another important point to note is that I did have a bit of burning sensation (during urination) on occasion since childhood but it used to happen only once or twice in a couple of months but since four to five weeks (as stated above phrase), it has become regular burning sensation every time I pass urine. Here I will mention some symptoms I could experience: Sometimes finding difficulty in starting urination (due to fear of the pain of course). Burning or pain sensation during urination. It has become a bit itchy since having sex with an unknown person as described above. Feeling the frequent or urgent need to urinate. Sometimes when I try to force urination, seminal fluid with sticky white jelly-like liquid discharge could be experienced. These are the most imminent symptoms. I had burning sensations on occasion since childhood but it became more and almost every time I pass urine now since having sex with unknown sex partner couple of weeks before. I am 28 years old male. I have gastritis related problem. Right now I am taking medicine only for gastritis, Pan D, and digestion tablet Unienzyme.

Answered by Dr. Karthik Rajan


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through your query, based on your symptoms, it does appear that you might have either an STD or UTI, both of which are partner sure unprotected sexual contact. I would suggest you visit your local general surgeon or urologist for a detailed clinical examination to confirm, a urine analysis and urine culture and an examination of the discharge from the penis. Based on the reports or clinical findings, you will be started on appropriate antibiotics. There is no cause for undue concern as both conditions are easily treatable. I would also advise you to be cautious in the future about unprotected sexual contact.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Dr. Karthik Rajan


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy