Q. I am anxious after protected sex with unknown partner. What tests are to be done?

Dr. Sushma Shah

I had protected sex with an unknown partner 10 days before. I would like to know if I would have contracted HIV and want to take the tests. I did not do any oral sex but kissed her a couple of times on her lips and it was not so deep and she did blow job to me a couple of times. Kindly suggest what can be done here to test, I am really anxious on what to do next to come out of this anxiety. I am having migraine now and used to have arthritis and it continues to be the same. I do not have any fever or sore throat or anything.

#

As you had oral kiss, a risk of HSV (herpes simplex virus) maybe there. Chances of HIV is least to nil as you had protected sex. If no other symptoms except persisting migraine and gastritis, you can wait.

I do not think you have any risk of HIV. Still, if you want, in 7 to 10 days ELISA, on 15th day RNA PCR, on 28th day fourth generation CMIA kit test which is most authentic and 99.9 % accurate.

For further queries consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

Sorry I am not able to follow it. Now, I am in 10th-day post-exposure as per my calculation. Kindly suggest what tests in what duration I can take to test all possibilities?

#

Now, ELISA first generation, on 15th day RNA PCR, on 28th-day fourth generation CMIA kit test.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|