Q. Can a patient's HIV antibody test results vary for his exposure nine months ago?

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

My HIV antigen and antibody test came negative after nine months. Can it turn positive again as I had some issues like neck swelling and mouth ulcers? Also, I have pain in my armpits. Please help.

#

No, it cannot come positive for the exposure which you have had before nine months. Your mouth ulcers and pain in your armpits are not related to the exposure. You can consult your nearby doctor, who would advise you appropriately after taking a full history and examination for your ulcers and pain in the armpits.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

I have pain in the abdomen and indigestion. What is the reason for these symptoms? Are these the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases?

#

Your symptoms are not related to HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). These symptoms of gas, indigestion, the fullness of abdomen, and feeling of incomplete evacuation are mostly because of amoebiasis. Consult your local practitioner and seek diagnosis and treatment.

|