Q. What are the tests to rule out HIV and STD after protected sex?

Dr. Sushma Shah

I had sex with a sex worker. I used a condom but I am still worried that I may get HIV or any STD. I did not see condom after intercourse whether it tore or not but I think the head of the penis was covered well. Am I safe? What are my chances of getting HIV?

#

As you have had protected sex, no chance of HIV, STD, or HSV may be there. If any symptoms appear then think about the test. At present, no need for ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) in 7 to 10 days. or RNA PCR on the 15th day or fourth generation CMIA kit test for HIV on 28th day. You can get any one test done. The last one is the best.

|