Q. I have severe joint pain for almost 15 years with small white dots on my legs. Why?

Dr. Nupoor Acharya
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I am a 32-year-old of weight 93 kg and height 181 cm. For almost 15 years, I have serious pain in all my joints. As I grow, these pains grow with me. I have a complete analysis done lately, but I do not think I had the best medication as I still live in pain daily. I have small white dots on both legs and redness in my eyes, and tension. I am taking Brufen or any anti-inflammatory drug. I have attached my blood test reports. Please help me.

#

I would like to know about your joint symptoms in a little more detail. Which were the joints predominantly involved? Was the pain associated with swelling? Do you have stiffness in the morning that goes away with activity? Is the pain more after rest or work? Any backache or hip pain?

Do you have any other symptoms like rashes, oral ulcers, uveitis, photosensitivity, bluish discoloration of fingers in winters, nail changes, dryness of eyes or mouth?

I went through your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). I could not find the ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) values. If it was done, please send the report. Also, were you tested for rheumatoid factor and anti-CCP (cyclic citrullinated peptide)? If not please send the reports for these also. Do you have significant laxity of joints?

Please provide answers to these questions to understand your symptoms better so that I can guide you accordingly.

|