Q. Why am I having cough with wheezing and sneezing?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2018

I got a kidney transplant done six years back. Currently, I am taking immunosuppressants Tacrolimus 1.5, Azoran 50 mg, and Wysolone 5 mg. Renal parameters are normal. Six months back, I started with a cough slowly increased to wheezing and sneezing. I took antibiotic from GP for seven days along with Montair FX but no relief.

I showed to a pulmonologist and she got PFT, chest X-ray, CT chest done and also TB test done in the same and next month. All were normal. She gave Prednisolone 30 mg and was tapered off slowly. Along with Foracort 400 and Duonase, nebulization was also done. But no relief.

Two months later, I showed to other pulmonologist and suggested Levofloxacin 500 mg for seven days and Prednisolone 20 mg for five days then 15 mg for five days then 10 mg for five days and 5 mg done and continuing as a regular dose.

Along with Foracort 400 and Duonaze also which is still continuing. These are the anti-asthmatic which I have taken and continuing with an inhaler and nasal spray along with Montair FX one at night till date.

But today I am still facing cough problem along with wheezing with incoming breath which is not so prominent but is more prominent with outgoing breath. Kindly suggest further course of action.

#

First of all, let me assure you that you are not the only one with the same history to me. There are lots and lots of my patients suffering from this. Now see, this is actually pollution induced and a lot of people are experiencing this kind of a non-resolving cough.

My recommendations to stop steroids and just continue with tablet Montair LC (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) and Foracort (Formoterol) inhaler for one month. Make sure you do not light any incense sticks, good night, or all out at home.

For more information consult a criticalcare physician --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/criticalcare-physician

The role of steroids was over last month. Now only Omnacortil 5 mg is continuing as I am renal transplant patient. Steam inhalation has also been started by me. Why this coughing problem or allergy asthma problem is not resolving even after a full course of medicines as explained before to you. Please tell how to completely get rid of allergic asthma.

#

In that case, you can continue with Omnacortil (Prednisolone) and Take Montair LC once daily along with Foracort inhaler twice daily for one month. You will be fine.

For more information consult a criticalcare physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/criticalcare-physician

|