Q. What is the risk of HIV transmission from running my finger in her private parts?

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

I was sexually active recently. But there was no penetration. I ran my fingers on her private parts. And now, I have a small bump on that finger. I have shared the pictures. Am I at HIV risk?

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for the query.

The chances of transmission of HIV with intact skin are very low. So, if it is only massage or fingering as you described, the chances of transmission of HIV appear to be none.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

Do I any test to rule out HIV?

Thanks.

#

Thank you for the follow-up query.

I do not see the need for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) tests with this exposure risk. If you are too anxious, you can go for HIV tests depending on the dates of exposure.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

One last question is if there was a warts on that finger, is there risk of HIV?

Thanks.

#

Thank you for the follow up query. Do not worry. Is it diagnosed as warts? The lesion cannot be clearly made out as warts in the photo (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Anyway if it is a genital wart, there is an increased risk of HIV transmission.

Thanks.

Thank you so much.

Are saying that there is no HIV risk?

Thanks.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com. Thank you for the follow up query . Yes there is zero risk of HIV, provided you do not get repeatedly exposed to infected secretions.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

But my finger was inside the vagina for two to three minutes. So, is there any risk?

Thanks.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com. Thank you for the follow up query. The risk in your scenario appears to be none.

Take care.

Sir pls check the report
# Hi
Thank you for the follow up query.
The 4th generation HIV antibodies test is negative.

|