Q. I vomited twice and I have stomach, shoulder and neck pain. Please help.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 05, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2021

I am a 25-year-old male. It started about two days ago when I came home from work. I had to stay awake until the next night and had a 44oz of mountain dew code red before that, I had some food that made me feel full. When I got home, my stomach felt fine for a while. I got into a small argument with my family member, and after about 30 minutes, when I laid down, my stomach started hurting, and I felt empty. I went and threw up twice dry heaving once before and once after. Ever since my appetite was off, and I did not eat much until the next day. My stomach feels like it is not filling up or getting empty too quickly. My weight has not changed, and foods that usually make me feel bloated have not affected me. After I threw up, I had pain on my left side that stayed for 45 minutes and shoulder and neck pain. All of which subsided. I am concerned and need to know what may be wrong.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from vomiting and pain on the left side with shoulder and neck pain.

Vomiting may result from a wide variety of underlying health conditions such as gastritis, acid reflux, food poisoning, food allergies, indigestion, peptic ulcers, anxiety disorder, and many more. If you take soda like Mountain dew code red on an empty stomach or with other acidic foods that may cause such type of clinical features. If you drink too much Mountain dew, it can change the balance of acid in your stomach by relaxing the esophagus and cause heartburn, and irritating the stomach lining. It can develop abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.

Sleep deprivation may increase gastric acidity, and lack of regular bowel movement may cause such clinical features. Excess acidity may cause shoulder and neck pain. So you should take some medications like Domperidone, antiulcerants, and Gaviscon along with Lactulose in case of constipation, etc., which may help to subside your vomiting and pain.

|