Pregnancy is the most beautiful feeling in the world, but it also brings with it a lot of confusions and questions. Here, we have some tips to deal with this period of mixed emotions.
Scientifically, there are two types of changes in pregnancy. They are -
- Physical changes.
- Mental changes.
During these nine months of pregnancy, the primary physical changes a pregnant woman will face are:
- Body shape changes.
- Nausea and vomiting, that is referred to as morning sickness.
- Gaining weight.
- Increased frequency of urination.
- Increase in breast size and sensitivity.
- Fluctuation in hair growth - it is mostly dependant on the estrogen levels. When estrogen is high, hair growth will be more and when estrogen level is reduced, there will be hair fall.
- Mild to moderate backache.
- Stretch marks, mostly over the belly.
- Mood swings.
- Common to have constipation, varicose vein, craving for sweets, sleep disturbance, breathlessness, frequent infections, and so on.
Many women are concerned more about their body shape during and after pregnancy. As it is a natural process during pregnancy, there is no need to be stressed. You can instead focus on exercise, yoga, meditation, and having positive thoughts to regain your body back to a fit and perfect shape.
These three emotions are common in most of the pregnant women. But, in these states, stress hormones are released, which may affect the nervous system of the baby and the baby might be underweight and premature.
Tips to Follow
As emotions of the pregnant women affect the baby a lot, the mother and even the entire family should take some necessary steps as follows.
- Hearing pleasant music will induce pleasure in mother that tends to release happiness hormones like endorphins which helps the baby to be stress-free and grow in a relaxed state.
- Seeing green environment (full of plants, trees, and flowers) will help you be relaxed. Your baby sees the world through your eyes before being born. So, it will give a comfort feeling to the baby as well.
- Meditating or simply even closing your eyes and visualizing or feeling the positiveness of being happy, healthy and peaceful or talking to your unborn baby will make both the mother as well as baby feel enthusiastic about their relationship and the baby will respond to the mother as well. This, in turn, creates more joy to the mother.
- Baby shower, a celebration to welcome the baby to the world, and to welcome the lady to motherhood. This occasion makes the mother feel very happy about her pregnancy and gives her a comfort zone and makes her feel the love of her family and friends, which makes the baby feel secure.
- Start reading positive-vibe books. You can also read parenthood books and feel yourself becoming very positive about being a good parent which will make your baby very confident once he/she comes to the outside world.
- There is no need to worry about the delivery process as it becomes very easy for you and your baby once you are confident about yourself and your health. Talking to your baby positively will automatically set you to have a normal delivery.
So, the main theme from many studies is, when a pregnant woman is stressed, stress hormones like cortisol are released, which affects herself and her baby a lot and may even cause a lot of psychological, neurological, and endocrine problems. And the converse also holds true. When a pregnant woman is very happy, relaxed, and in a peaceful state, her pleasure hormones are released and it tends to make the baby grow healthy, confident, and a happy person in the future.
Having periodical medical check-ups and a healthy lifestyle will make you comfortable during your pregnancy period.
For more information consult a pregnancy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist/pregnancy