Q. How can I manage Chlamydia infection causing burning in penis?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

A few months ago, I got Chlamydia infection. I did the treatment and it is gone. But not totally. I still feel the burning in my penis. Some days it is strong and some days I do not feel much. I do not have a visible secretion but some symptoms are still there.

#

Burning sensation while urinating could be due to many causes like urinary tract infection, urethral exposure to irritants like soap, the presence of salts like urate or oxalate salts in urine, exposure to trauma or local fungal infection in the urethra.

In order to find out the exact cause please provide me with a photocopy of recent urinalysis. There are some measures that could be tried empirically like drinking plenty of water 4 to 5 liters per day.

Plus using Bactrim (Trimethoprim, Sulfamethoxazole) 200 every 12 hours for five days as an antibiotic.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I will have to run the test in a laboratory. It will take some days. About the Bactrim 200, how can I get it?

#

Bactrim is a widely used antibiotic for urinary tract infection. You will get it easily. By the way, urinalysis takes a few minutes to be done, not longer.

| 

What is the reason for red meatus and burning sensation during urination?

Query: Hi doctor, My meatus is red and has a small spot on one side. There is a constant burning sensation when I urinate. I am frequently urinating in small amounts. Recently, I had a DRE, and they told me that my prostate is enlarged. I have a foul smell from my penis. I never had this problem before. I...  Read Full »

Can Levaquin be used for gonorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I did IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2 after four months of possible exposure, which was negative. Is it conclusive? Is there any need to do IgM test? If IgG is negative, can I consider that I am not infected?  Read Full »

I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Six months ago, I started showing signs of prostatitis. I had a hard time urinating fully, I had pain and burning, fever, clear discharge. I was put on eight weeks Cipro. My body did not respond well to the Cipro. I stopped and had a chance to s...  Read Full »