Urethral Infection

What causes pain and burning sensation while urinating accompained by opaque white discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having an opaque, white discharge at the end of urination and it is painful and burning while urinating, and I feel a sharp pain on the tip of my urethra after urination. When I put pressure on my urethra (penis shaft) it hurts and I also have three inflamed lymph nodes in my ri...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the clinical description, I can say with confidence that the symptoms clearly indicate toward UTI (urinary tract infection) and particularly urethritis. There is no symptom that indicates toward STI (sexually transmitted infection) other than the history of unpr...  Read Full »

Why am I having enlargement in my urethra without discharge or odor?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. The area surrounding my urethra is enlarged. It is whitish, and it has a cottage cheese-like texture. There is no discharge or odor. I do not know what to do. I am embarrassed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a pelvic or sexually transmitted infection or candidiasis. Have strict hygiene. Use soft, comfortable, and cotton undergarments. Use condoms while having sex to avoid having sexually transmitted disease. Have high, low vaginal and urethral swab. After collecti...  Read Full »

Why do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis almost daily, but not while urinating. I did the urine test, and nothing abnormal was found in the reports except that the urine was acidic. It is happening for the past two weeks. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in urine should be evaluated properly by blood reports and imaging. You require complete blood count, creatinine, serum electrolytes and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. It could be stone or infection but you need to get the above reports done. For more infor...  Read Full »

What does my urethral swab test reveal?

Query: Hi doctor, My urethral swab test showed epithelial cells +1, polymorphonuclear cells +1 and no microorganisms found. Please let me know what does it mean. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This report is normal. Epithelial cells are normal cells shed from the urethral wall. Polymorphonuclear cells are insignificant if less than 4 or 5. If more than that, it indicates urethral infection. In your case it is 1, so normal. Also, no infectious microorganisms f...  Read Full »

How can I manage Chlamydia infection causing burning in penis?

Query: Hello doctor,A few months ago, I got Chlamydia infection. I did the treatment and it is gone. But not totally. I still feel the burning in my penis. Some days it is strong and some days I do not feel much. I do not have a visible secretion but some symptoms are still there.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning sensation while urinating could be due to many causes like urinary tract infection, urethral exposure to irritants like soap, the presence of salts like urate or oxalate salts in urine, exposure to trauma or local fungal infection in the urethra. In order to fi...  Read Full »

I have a red scar and extra skin at my urethral opening. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, A few weeks ago, a red or pink scar and extra skin showed up at my urethral or where the pee comes out. What has to be done? Currently, I am taking Monistat 7 and had a yeast infection previously.  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details as follows: Did you ever have a urinary tract infection or STD (sexually transmitted disease) in the past? Do you have any symptoms because of this like burning sensation, split urinary stream? ...  Read Full »

Why do I have an itchy urethra?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 70 years old, my height is 5 feet 7 inches and I weigh 148 pounds. I have an itchy urethra. It is just Inside the tip. I am on medications for blood pressure, thyroid, and cholesterol.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An itchy urethra could be part of urinary tract infection associated with renal stones and excess certain crystals in urine or inflammation of the urethra. So please give me more details in order to narrow the differential diagnosis. Is there any discharge or swo...  Read Full »

From yesterday I have a problem while peeing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male, and I have a problem while peeing from yesterday. It feels heavy under my stomach, just below my penis. Every time I try to pee, I cannot, and I have to push in order to do so. I drank an entire bottle of water today. Normally, I would be able to pee after a...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Dinkar Sanap

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Difficulty in urination in a young individual is generally obstruction at bladder neck due to infection of the urinary bladder, prostate inflammation or muscle spasms. A final diagnosis can be made on thorough examination, blood, and ultrasound examination. Blood tests...  Read Full »

Other than UTI, what can cause urethral discomfort?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I was previously diagnosed with UTI for three to four times in the last two years. Now, I have a frequently occurring problem of itching and burning in my urethra about three to four times in a month. It stays for around 4 to 5 hours and slowly goes off after ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, drinking 8 liters of water a day will harm your kidneys. Bring it down to not more than 3 liters per day. All burning sensation in urethra is not due to UTI (urinary tract infection). So, the next time when you develop urethral discomfort, please do a urine ...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in the kidney region?

Query: Hi doctor, I wake up with pain in the kidney region every morning after approximately three to four hours of lying in the supine position or on my left side. The pain localizes beneath the left and right kidneys, more on the left and down toward the pelvis on the left side. It hurts the most when in...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no significant problem with your kidneys, ureters and urinary bladder. The cecum and colon are not showing any problems. The duodenum and right testicular vein are not having any ...  Read Full »