Urethral Infection

Is hernia in groin after risky sexual exposure a concerning issue?

Query: Hi doctor, In December 2019, I had a high-risk sexual exposure with a male. I was receptive. I did not know until the end that he did not use a condom. From that moment on I was in so much stress and anxiety. I tested many times for the following from January to June. 1. HIV Duo - Negative. 2. Sy...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All your reports are also perfectly normal, so do not worry at all. It is not STDs (sexually transmitted disease) or HIV (human immuno-deficiency virus). There is no physi...  Read Full »

What could cause burning sensation in the external urethral orifice?

Query: Hello doctor, My penile external urethral orifice (urethral meatus) burns at some places when I touch I. Is that normal or is there any infection? I am noticing from one year and it burns in some places only when I touch, whereas in other places it does not. May I know why? And every report is norm...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any swelling, inflammation, or redness near urethral orifice? History of urethritis? Burning micturition? Increased frequency of urination? Lower abdominal pain? Sexual history? Are you sexually active? Any contact with irritant, or scented lotion or soap?A...  Read Full »

How to treat UTI with cloudy urine and painful urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old female. I have UTI symptoms since Monday, about four days now. I have cloudy urine with strong smell and stinging pain while urinating. I do not want to go to the hospital due to the risk of COVID-19. I am currently on 10 mg Imidapril for hypertension. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. It is indeed an intelligent choice to avoid hospital in view of COVID-19. The symptoms as you have told are cloudy urine, strong smell and pain during urination which you have told are of UTI (urinary tract i...  Read Full »

What are the causes of urethral discomfort apart from UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I was previously diagnosed with UTI for three to four times in the last two years. Now, I have a frequently occurring problem of itching and burning in my urethra about three to four times in a month. It stays for around 4 to 5 hours and slowly goes off after ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, drinking 8 liters of water a day will harm your kidneys. Bring it down to not more than 3 liters per day. All burning sensation in urethra is not due to UTI (urinary tract infection). So, the next time when you develop urethral discomfort, please do a urine ...  Read Full »

What causes pain in the kidney region?

Query: Hi doctor, I wake up with pain in the kidney region every morning after approximately three to four hours of lying in the supine position or on my left side. The pain localizes beneath the left and right kidneys, more on the left and down toward the pelvis on the left side. It hurts the most when in...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no significant problem with your kidneys, ureters and urinary bladder. The cecum and colon are not showing any problems. The duodenum and right testicular vein are not having any ...  Read Full »

Can injury in penis result in red urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a hit on cricket ball four weeks ago, and I have pain in my abdomen and after several minutes it is back to normal again. After a few days, I joined the gym and doing my basics like cycling, some weight lifting, etc, but no abdominal exercises. Four days ago, I passed orange col...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nothing to worry at present. There is no relation with the cricket ball hit. It might be related to dehydration or gym exercises which also can cause dehydration, both of which cause dark urine. Just get basic tests done to confirm it is blood or just dark yellow u...  Read Full »

What causes pain and burning sensation while urinating accompained by opaque white discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having an opaque, white discharge at the end of urination and it is painful and burning while urinating, and I feel a sharp pain on the tip of my urethra after urination. When I put pressure on my urethra (penis shaft) it hurts and I also have three inflamed lymph nodes in my ri...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the clinical description, I can say with confidence that the symptoms clearly indicate toward UTI (urinary tract infection) and particularly urethritis. There is no symptom that indicates toward STI (sexually transmitted infection) other than the history of unpr...  Read Full »

Why am I having enlargement in my urethra without discharge or odor?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. The area surrounding my urethra is enlarged. It is whitish, and it has a cottage cheese-like texture. There is no discharge or odor. I do not know what to do. I am embarrassed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a pelvic or sexually transmitted infection or candidiasis. Have strict hygiene. Use soft, comfortable, and cotton undergarments. Use condoms while having sex to avoid having sexually transmitted disease. Have high, low vaginal and urethral swab. After collecti...  Read Full »

Why do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis almost daily, but not while urinating. I did the urine test, and nothing abnormal was found in the reports except that the urine was acidic. It is happening for the past two weeks. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in urine should be evaluated properly by blood reports and imaging. You require complete blood count, creatinine, serum electrolytes and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. It could be stone or infection but you need to get the above reports done. For more infor...  Read Full »

What does my urethral swab test reveal?

Query: Hi doctor, My urethral swab test showed epithelial cells +1, polymorphonuclear cells +1 and no microorganisms found. Please let me know what does it mean. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This report is normal. Epithelial cells are normal cells shed from the urethral wall. Polymorphonuclear cells are insignificant if less than 4 or 5. If more than that, it indicates urethral infection. In your case it is 1, so normal. Also, no infectious microorganisms f...  Read Full »